Assistant Night Manager - Oxford
Assistant Night Manager - Malmaison, Oxford
From our iconic buildings to the iconic dishes on our Brasserie menu, we dare to be different from other UK hotels. Our 12 exciting city centre hotels put our guests at the heart of the action, whether they're visiting for business or pleasure.
Malmaison is here to cater for those who demand something different. People who are looking for a stylish stay, daring dining or an impressive events venue. Depending on which Malmaison you choose, you may check in to a converted castle prison, hospital or even a royal mail sorting office. But the difference doesn't stop there. Each location is designed with flair and imagination, with sumptuous accommodation and daring touches around every corner.
And our team's unbridled passion for big events has made Malmaison one of the most popular choices for UK wedding venues.
Malmaison's 12 UK boutique hotels dare to be different.
Malmaison are one of Europe's leading hotel brands gaining a reputation for being at the cutting edge of hospitality today. We have always believed in delivering hospitality in a different way. We select our people from all walks of life but with one common thread, a desire to succeed in life through hard work, loyalty, enthusiasm and respect for their colleagues. We are growing in size and are in the search for the best talented people on the market, if you have these attributes and they are in your heart then we would love to hear from you.
The role involves assisting the Night Manager to take responsibility for the hotel during the night shift.
Assistant Night Manager:
- You will be required to welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, ensure that the public areas are kept clean and tidy.
- You will be expected to assist guests with their luggage, be a point of contact for our guests, valet park guests cars and other responsibilities to ensure all requirements are met during our guests stay.
- You will manage a team of night porters who direct all telephone enquiries and provide room service during the night shift.
- You will be passionate about hospitality.
- You will be organised, an excellent communicator, a hands-on manager who has excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a front office department of a similar quality hotel is required and previous experience of working with Fidelio / Opera is beneficial.
- Assistant Night Managers must have passion for hospitality and deliver service with a smile.
We are offering a competitive salary and an award winning benefit package including:
- Range of flexible benefits including life insurance.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- Childcare scheme.
- Employee assistance scheme.
- 31 days holiday per annum.
- Company discounts including staff rates and local discounts.
We also offer award winning training and development programmes for those who would like to take a step up the career ladder. We are a company continually evolving, developing and growing. A company full of opportunities.
It's never a hard day's night at Oxford hotel, which is surely one of our most unique buildings around. Located in a converted prison in a medieval castle, this boutique hotel is in Oxford Castle Quarter, one of the oldest, busiest and trendiest spots in the city. So, if you're tired of doing hard time in run-of-the-mill hotels, check into this extraordinary slammer where the only hardship is having to go home! Take your pick from 95 richly appointed rooms and suites that, although once a little bit threadbare, are now packed with some of the best creature comforts that come to mind. Food and drink are our raison d'être, and there's no better place to enjoy them than in our stylish Brasserie, where fresh, local and classic dishes are cooked to perfection. You can rely on our generous portions and passion for food, and don't worry about having to do porridge: our lavish brunches are second to none. Be sure to stop by our stylish, neon-lit Malbar, where you can quaff something cold, dip into our world-class wine list or enjoy a latte with a fresh croissant. Just five minutes from the bars, restaurants and museums in town, this is without a doubt one of the most unique and thrilling hotels in Oxford city centre. So who wants to escape? Once you've visited Malmaison Oxford, we suspect you'll become a repeat offender!