Chef de Partie - Weybridge
Chef de Partie
Main Purpose of the Job
As a member of our team of chefs you are responsible of taking care of the daily food preparation and duties assigned. You will need to meet the set standard and qualities demanded by these roles.
You will have a host of key responsibilities such as:
- Manage a section within the kitchen
- Ensure that dishes are prepared and cooked according to the specific restaurant standards.
- Managing the development and supervision of the Commis Chefs on the section, ensuring they are fully trained and understand their duties.
- Ensure that stock is rotated and controlled within the specific section of the kitchen.
- Ensure the cleaning schedule is adhered to and that cleaning tasks are delegated as appropriate.
- Ensure full understanding of the functional administration of the restaurant.
- Be knowledgeable of daily business, reservations menu and menu availability
- Maintain a detailed Knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish descriptions.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements under the H&S act 1974 and Food Hygiene.
- Ensure all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines are carefully adhered to.
- Ensure HACCP compliance within the kitchen and all Food Beverage outlets
Skills and Requirements
- Have previous experience in a Demi or Chef De Partie role, preferably within a formal or fine dining environment.
- Fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant.
- Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
- Lead by example.
- Build effective and constructive relationships.
- Communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Work collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals.
- Qualified to NVQ Level 2
- Be driven to work in a challenging environment
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the business vision and goals.
Reporting to: Head chef, Senior sous chef, Junior sous chef
- NVQ Level 2 in catering or equivalent
- NVQ Level 3 & Any additional qualifications will be considered
- Ability to cook to a high standard & work within a busy kitchen environment
- Know how to work within a section and to be efficient & effective, a good overall knowledge of cooking in general is required.
- Preferably experienced in a similar role in a quality establishment
- Minimum 2 years as a Demi CDP with a proven track record
- Working within a CDP Role or higher currently
- Calm & collected with an understanding of how to speak to others within a team with a good overall attitude is a must.