Position: Hotel Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You are in charge of the entire hotel operation onboard and guarantee fullest guest satisfaction and a pleasant working environment for all crew. You adhere to Viking River Cruises Standards and budgets.
- Responsible for the entire hotel operation onboard
- Ensuring that all hotel departments are managed according to their standards
- Management and motivation of the crew, with emphasis on Department Heads
- Operation of service procedures according to company standards
- Stock ordering for the hotel department (F&B, Housekeeping, equipment, etc.)
- Ensuring impeccable cleanliness, hygiene and order in all areas of the hotel department in accordance with HACCP rules
- Final inspection and receipt of all supplies and deliveries for the hotel department
- Supervision and organization of opening and closing ships at start /end of season
- Active liaison with guests and successful handling of complaints
- Active participation in all onboard events and special functions
- Presence in the galley and restaurant during meal times
- Ensuring active and smooth flow of communication with the nautical department, onboard management, crew and the Head Office Basel
- Ensuring departmental training according to requirement profile
- Responsible for cost control and adherence to all set budgets
- Daily analysis of debtors in accordance with Receptionist / Night Auditor
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Active participation in loadings
Supervisor: Corporate Operation Manager
Gives instructions to: Catering staff (incl. Program Director) and musician onboard
Receives instructions from: Corporate Operation Manager, Head Office
- The holder of the position undertakes not to pass over the company’s information, manuals, information on business developments and EDP data to any third party or publicize or retain same for personal use after leaving the job.
- The company reserves the right to demand compensation for damages in the event of a breach of this instruction and take legal action against the staff.
- Conduct and appearance in accordance with the rules and regulations of Viking River Cruises AG
- Graduated education within the hotel industry, preferably hotel management school (Preferred tertiary degree in hotel management with emphasis on F&B operation)
- Several years of professional management experience in this role, preferably within cruise industry
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Guest focused, stress resistant, calm under pressure, team player and with positive appearance
- Open minded and flexible with high social and inter-cultural competencies
- Excellent English skills (written & verbal), other languages are an advantage
- Must work independently, good computer skills
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation •Hotel Manager Manual
Viking Cruises® offers destination-focused river and ocean cruises that are carefully designed with a mix of cosmopolitan cities and collector ports. Founded in 1997 as Viking River Cruises, the company has undergone rapid expansion in the river cruise industry, holding the largest market share and operating the largest fleet with 52 modern river vessels including innovative and award-winning Viking Longships®. In 2013, Viking® announced the launch of its ocean cruise division leveraging the company’s managerial experience in ocean cruising as well its success in the river cruise sector.
Viking employs nearly 4,000 of its own highly trained, English-speaking crew worldwide—all dedicated to making its guests’ stay memorable. Viking’s Swiss management team overseas global operations—from shore excursions to catering and nautical—and offers Viking College, a custom employee training program. Viking has one of the highest retention rates in the industry due to its comprehensive compensation package, employee-friendly benefits and team building spirit.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.