Chef apprentices have the unique opportunity to develop their hospitality skills and knowledge, throughout a 12-month structured training programme, whilst taking on an entry level, full time position.
As a Chef Apprentice, you're an essential part of running of the business, so we are looking for applicants who are passionate about working their way up within a professional kitchen and delivering the best possible guest experience and products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE
- Learning from more experienced team members how to work/run a busy section within a professional kitchen
- Work your way up to be able to manage different elements of working in a kitchen
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times by completing various regular cleaning duties
- Supporting the kitchen team by making sure equipment is clean and available when needed, by using the pot wash and keeping the kitchen tidy
- Work safely around kitchen equipment
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by Management and Head Office
GAINING YOUR QUALIFICATION
In addition to your role, you will be given tasks and training to help you achieve Level 2 Certificate in Food production and Cooking (all learners need to achieve Functional Skills L1/L2 in English and Maths to proceed with the course).
SKILLS AND QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Pride in delivering excellent guest service
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication and listening skills
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Ability to follow instructions and work well in a team
- Attention to detail and creativity for food presentation
- Keen to develop your skills in the hospitality sector and enthusiastic to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance with high standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays - this is a MUST in any hospitality role
- Be aged 16 - 24
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Not be in full time education or hold a degree or same level qualification
- Not have any criminal convictions
- No previous experience or qualifications are required, we are looking for your potential and personality.
COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIOURS:
- Guest Obsessed
Acts with the guest in mind and goes the extra mile.
- Win with Our People
A supportive, hard-working, and positive individual with a ‘one team’ attitude and outlook.
- Drive for Results
Driven to exceed business targets for self and team balancing the need for results and quality standards.
- Communicating with Clarity
Communicates clearly and articulately and adapts communication style to suit their audience.
- Handling Pressure & Problems
Operates well under pressure, using initiative and remaining positive when confronted with problems.