Events Manager - London
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
We are currently recruiting for an Operational Events Manager to join our highly successful events team at the Ham Yard. This is a hands on, operational role, ensuring the successful running of our events onsite.
Responsible for managing staffing and running functions in our private bars, bowling alley, screening room and private meeting rooms - no two days will be the same!
As an Events Manager you will be working closely with the F&B Manager and General Manager it will be your responsibility to oversee the day to day operation of the events department. You will be expected to motivate your team to ensure the highest level of customer service is being delivered and the expectations of our guests are being consistently exceeded.
- Attend weekly meetings with the events account managers to run through upcoming events
- Run the daily operations of the events department
- Communicating all function details to the different departments of the hotel
- Conduct daily briefings and monthly meetings with the events team
- Manage and motivate the events team
- Deliver and maintain the exceptional levels of customer service provided
- Establish strong and professional relationships with guests
- Have a good command of the departmental budget
- Manage event accounts and ensure payments are received in a timely manner
- Deliver inspirational showrounds in order to showcase the spaces to prospective clients
- Previous experience as an Events manager within a 5* hotel or luxury events venue
- Excellent communication skills
- Superb attention to detail and driven by delivering exceptional standards
- Strong leadership and motivational skills which are capable of nurturing, developing and inspiring staff
- Previous experience in training and developing staff
- Excellent personal presentation
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
- Previous knowledge of Micros is desirable
Full time as required by the operation. You will need to be flexible with the days and times you are able to work.
To apply for the role of an Events Manager:
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
Why Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an award winning hotel group with 8 luxury boutique hotels in London and 1 in New York. We have won the Queens Award for Excellence three times and the Soho Hotel has won The Cateys Award for Hotel of the Year.
Quality is what we are all about at Firmdale and that’s from our individually designed bedrooms containing original pieces of artwork to the Egyptian cotton linen used in the restaurant. We believe that the customer truly comes first and that if we get the minor detail right then everything else will follow.
Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want to be noticed and recognised for your individual contribution then this is the company for you.
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. Your CV will be considered over the next 5 working days. If you do not hear from us by this time, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for Events Manager - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly