General Manager - Nutfield
General Manager - The Inn on the Pond, Nutfield
Shepherd Neame have an exciting opportunity for a proven General Manager to join our team and take on the successful running of the Inn on the Pond, Nutfield.
Shepherd Neame are an independent family brewery and pub operator based in Faversham, Kent, and dating back over 300 years we are also Britain’s oldest brewer. We currently operate over 60 distinctive, fast paced and busy retail outlets offering excellent food and a wide range of award winning ales across London and the South East of England.
The Inn on the Pond is a traditional English pub sat in the beautiful countryside, with views directly over Nutfield Cricket Pitch. Following a complete internal and external refurbishment in the last few years, this destination dining pub currently operates on a 60% food and 40% Liquor basis and it has great outdoor areas in order to capitalise on the alfresco dining trade in the summer months.
We need a General Manager that is enthusiastic about our sector, who has bags of personality and who loves what they do! You must enjoy training and developing people in order to get the best out of your team and exceptional customer service and service delivery standards must be at the top of your agenda.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Proven experience at general management level within the pub, hotel, F&B or hospitality sector.
- Experience in a busy, high volume food & beverage operation.
- The ability to build a strong partnership with your Head Chef & kitchen team.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- Proven leadership skills in order to recruit, train, motivate and develop your team.
- You must be commercially astute, able to assume responsibility for the site management reporting and profit and loss budgeting.
- The ability to engage the local community and drive sales & marketing from site.
- Hotel/accommodation experience is advantageous, not essential.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Highly competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Private live in accommodation if required.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Quarterly & year-end bonus scheme.
- Share Incentive Plan.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- First class support and development from your Regional District Manager.
- The opportunity to join the country’s oldest family brewer.
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity as a General Manager with a dynamic and ever growing company please apply online with your CV now.