Head Housekeeper - Slough
Head Housekeeper - The Ostrich Inn, Slough
We are looking for a hands-on and experienced Head Housekeeper to join our busy team immediately.
First Impressions count, so you will contribute to this by overseeing our small but friendly housekeeping team and ensuring we uphold cleanliness standards across our business.
At Shepherd Neame, maintaining the quality, appearance and safety of our sites is vital in order for our customers to relax and have a great time with us and so that our dedicated and hardworking teams can operate in a safe environment.
ROLE / RESPONSILBILITIES
- Running the housekeeping department and team.
- Monitoring cleanliness standards across the hotel accommodation and public areas.
- Working with the maintenance team to ensure all H&S issues are addressed.
- Undertaking daily spot checks on serviced bedrooms.
- Managing the weekly housekeeping rota in line with business demand.
- Managing and monitoring monthly deep clean rotas.
- All aspects of stock ordering and control.
- Training and developing the housekeeping team.
- Undertaking hands on cleaning duties as required.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience in a housekeeping/cleaning supervisor’s role is preferred.
- The ability to lead and motivate a team.
- First class cleanliness and quality standards.
- You must have a keen eye for detail.
- Great customer service skills.
- You must be honest and trustworthy.
- We need great team players that are hardworking and reliable.
- You must be in good physical health as you will be on your feet for most of the shift.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive & negotiable salary dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.