Kitchen Porter - Surrey
Kitchen Porter - Barnett Hill, Surrey
Barnett Hill is a beautiful Queen Anne style property, built in 1905, set within 26 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodlands, sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hill area of outstanding natural beauty just outside Guildford, Surrey. This idyllic location is 15 minutes from Guildford town and 45 mins from Central London. Since 1944 Barnett Hill has been used for training, conference and events, with bedrooms later being added; to date it now serves as a beautiful venue for leisure, dining, wedding and conference events. Bedrooms at Barnett Hill show historic and contemporary personalities. Each room is individually decorated, comfortable and finely appointed. Many are in the main house and other located in an adjacent bespoke accommodation building. Currently a 3 Star Hotel Peter & Deborah Hinchliffe have exciting plans for refurbishing and redeveloping the property to give it that Alexander Hotels sparkle.
- The hotel today offers;
- Stunning grounds of 26 acres
- 60 bedrooms Restaurant Bar and Lounges
- 15 function/conference rooms catering for us to 70 guests
- 3 suites for Civil Ceremonies
A cheerful, energetic person with a good eye for detail is needed to assist our Chefs with the smooth running of the Kitchen at Barnett Hill Hotel. Without a clean, well presented environment with clean, hot plates a kitchen fails. You will be key to us achieving excellent standards for our guests by supporting our chefs with the following duties;
- Completing general kitchen cleaning duties
- Operating the dishwasher to ensure all cutlery, crockery is cleaned in a timely fashion, stacked and ready for service
- Refilling the hot plate ready for service each dining session to ensure guests get hot food!
- Deep cleaning tasks as outlined on the kitchens cleaning schedule
- Delivery through all these tasks of exceptional kitchen hygiene standards
- Assisting in providing a safe, secure and appealing environment by adhering to the company Health &Safety Policies ensuring all kitchen areas are compliant.
- Assisting Chefs with some basic food preparation.
- 40 hrs 5 days per week, working early and late shifts between the hours of 7am and 11pm.
- No formal qualifications required but a good standard of English
- Good eye for detail
- Energy and enthusiasm to work in a fast paced volume environment
- Previous employment in a food service business helpful
SALARY & BENEFITS
- £15,000 (40 hrs per week)
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
Following completion of the company's 3 month probationary period access to a range of company benefits including:
- Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
- Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
- Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
- Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
- Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
Apply for Kitchen Porter - Surrey
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly