Assistant Food & Beverage Manager - Devon
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager – Devon Hills, Paignton
We are looking for an inspirational leader who can lead our food and beverage team in delivering great service and experience. We have an excellent opportunity to work in our friendly and busy holiday resort, Devon Hills. The position of Assistant Food & Beverage Manager is based at our 15th century pub, The Blagdon Inn. We are looking for a relaible, flexible, diligent and committed individual.
You will report to the Operations Manager, and will be part of the senior management team. Exceptionally organised and committed to the highest standards, as the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager you will be all about enabling your team. That includes helping new people to find their way and established team members to develop their skills and knowledge through ongoing training and development.
Experience in a similar role is essential. It is also important that you have a flexible, adaptable approach, clear customer focus and an eye for detail as well as being able to lead and motivate a large team. We aim to offer friendly and informal, yet high quality service to our holiday home owners and holiday makers, so setting and delivering those standards will be essential.
- Outstanding customer service skills with strong organisational and interpersonal skills enabling you to integrate effectively as part of a close team and offer excellent customer service.
- Relevant management experience, ideally within the food & beverage or holiday industry
- Proven ability of recruiting and training teams
- Proven record of creative solutions to customer suggestions and concerns
- Self-motivated, adaptable, an excellent team motivator and team builder
- Effective at cost control and budgeting
- Ability to nurture a good working relationship with other departments
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of good health and safety practices
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal English
45 hours per week 5 days over 7 including weekends to suit the needs of the business, various shifts are available between 0830-0000. We are exceptionally busy in school holidays and the expectation is that you will need to be in the business at these times.
In line with requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Salary & Benefits
- Very competitive salary+ bonus + benefits package:
- Leisure Club membership
- Massively discounted holidays on our holiday parks
- On-line discount scheme to many high street and leisure outlets
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Uniform provided
- 30 days holiday (including Bank Holiday allowance)
*Benefits are non-contractual and may be dependent on the job role and status.
Devon Hills is part of the Haulfryn Group, which is one of the UK's largest owners of luxurious holiday and residential parks celebrating 80 years as a successful family owned British company. We have gone from strength to strength in recent years, with an investment of over £30 million in to our parks.