Do you enjoy working as part of a fast paced, dedicated team? Do you prefer to be back of house but still contribute towards helping customers? Do you want to work in an amazing location? Do you want to contribute to our conservation work and make a difference? If so this role could be for you.
What it's like to work here
Located in the idyllic riverside gardens, between ancient trees, bubbling brooks and rolling lawns Mottisfont is full of surprises. Full of art, and featuring a colorful garden year round, Mottisfont is a popular visitor attraction and the team are always on hand to provide a fantastic experience for all. The wider estate includes 1600 acres of woodland, tenanted farms and Curbridge Nature Reserve, as well as relaxing walks.
The Old Kitchen offers a full lunch menu, served on china, while our Coach House Café is perfect for lighter bites. Everything in the Coach House is served on high quality disposable ware, all of which is composted or recycled.
Menus are changed regularly, providing home-cooked food for all tastes.
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people, positive attitude and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen ensuring it is immaculately presented at all times, in this predominately back of house role. As a key member of our busy catering team you will always be seeking opportunities to reduce waste and find ways of working to save time and money.
You’ll have the National Trust cause at the forefront of your mind, and you’ll be proud to share our good work with our customers, and look to help the team maximise sales, so that our profits can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just ‘good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us:
You need to be;
- Helpful and friendly
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player but also have the ability to work on your own initiative
- Able to follow guidelines and remain calm under pressure
And it will be helpful if you can demonstrate the following experience on your CV/application;
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking