General Manager (Hospitality) - Essex
General Manager (Hospitality) for Arts Venue in Essex up to £45,000 basic (depending on experience) plus bonuses
Are you an experienced General Manager with extensive Hospitality experience looking for a new challenge?
Are the following important to in your work life: Autonomy, Innovation, Client Focus, Team Oriented?
We are looking for a General to lead a highly effective hospitality operation ensuring a high level of performance in terms of financial results and service/product delivery.
You will control related budgets and ensure operational systems are in place and executed in an effective manner at all times.
You will work closely with the Theatre Management team to ensure all operations comply with current legislation and licensing conditions.
Key focuses for the role
- Hospitality Delivery and Development
- Service Delivery
- Financial Management and Performance
- Marketing and Promotion
- Performance Development and Management
What we are looking for
- Excellent presentation skills with proven management experience within a similar style of hospitality operation.
- A proven track record of events catering, including experience of running large, high profile events.
- Demonstrable experience of applying flair and innovation to create an overall customer experience.
- An excellent understanding of the retail side of the hospitality business, particularly with regard to restaurants and bars.
- An excellent motivator and team player, used to managing a large on-site team, ensuring they deliver a first class service with the expected financial results.
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- A creative knowledge of sales and marketing and a clear understanding of its impact upon the success of the business.
- Experience in preparing and effectively executing annual business plans, ideally with a proven ability to drive change.
- Willing to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays as the business requires.