4* Hotel Receptionist
As our hotel Receptionist you’ll be the first point of contact for all our guests and visitors’ needs. You will need to be the ambassador for the hotel, promoting a welcoming, informative and professional environment.
You’ll be dealing with a variety of tasks and situations, the regular check-ins and outs; telephone and reservations; handling queries swiftly and professionally, as well as the unusual and rare challenging occasions. We’re looking for some great skills that will assist you in welcoming our guests and making them feel special on every visit.
What we’re looking for from you
You will benefit from the following skills and experience – not all are essential as we’ll help with some training:
- Previous experience within the service industry, including cash handling
- Excellent verbal communication, face to face and telephone
- Good organisational, prioritising and administration skills
- Computer literate (ideally with OPERA systems)
- Customer focused and able to find solutions to their challenges
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Upselling skills
- Ability to work a variety of shifts 40 hours, 5 days over 7 (generally 6:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. / 2:45 p.m – 11:15 p.m. or mid shifts) There is a possibility of part-time positions as long as you have a flexible approach to working a variety of shifts, particularly on our busiest check-in and check-out days/times.
- Some night shifts maybe required
- In line with requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Unfortunately, no accommodation is available.
Pay and Benefits
depending on experience, paid monthly.
Benefits are none contractual and may vary according to status and length of service
- 28 days (pro-rota for part-time) in the holiday year from April - March inclusive of Bank Holidays (holidays are not carried over). Holidays increase with length of service.
- Substantially discounted stays across the Group including friends and family
- Free gym use
- Discounted food and beverage within the hotels
- High Street Discount incentive scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Uniform provided
The Old Ship Hotel Brighton is the oldest hotel in Britain today dating back to 1559. It is a historic Georgian hotel standing proudly on Brighton's seafront in one of Brighton's most impressive venues. This picturesque hotel enjoys a sublime location just a short walk from the beach, pier and the city's fine pubs, restaurants and shops.
Its beautifully distinctive white facade leads into a modern welcoming lounge area and 154 en suite bedrooms.
Because of its fine location and close proximity to all of Brighton's main tourist and commercial sites the Old Ship Hotel is a great choice for guests of business or leisure. Brighton is well known for its conferences, situated just a short walk away from the Brighton Centre and just a 5 minute walk from Brighton Pier, The Lanes and the city’s bars and restaurants.
Great incentives available