Maintenance Technician - Aberdeen
To maintain all ASV facilities to ensure that the entire site runs smoothly, with minimal impact on time lost through breakdowns or equipment failure, maintaining a safe and legal environment (including record keeping) and completing a planned programme of preventative maintenance.
Responsible to: Operations Managers
Description of main duties
- Co-ordinate and contribute to the internal maintenance programme
- Carry out routine checks, daily, weekly, periodically, quarterly, 6 monthly and annually
- Undertake some repairs and maintenance of all site plant and equipment
- Record and file all checks in the relevant documentation - records must be maintained and kept up to date
- Respond to breakdowns of equipment
- When on call, respond to emergency calls from the duty manager according to current guidelines.
- Escalate issues to and work effectively with the site Management Team
- Working with and managing contractors. Coordinates and inspects contract work on electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems
- Inspect work for completeness
- Follow Safe and Legal procedures for all activities
- Be supportive of, and willing to help, colleagues and management at all times within the site. Operations are a priority at all times
- Although working within a team environment, needs to be able to work predominately alone and take responsibility for personal time management
- General stock control of tools and supplies
- Prioritise tasks in accordance to internal maintenance programme
- Follow and adapt a planned preventative maintenance schedule.
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the Management Team.
1. Education/ Qualifications: Academic, technical and professional education and training
- Current driving licence.
- Competent in completing multi-skilled repairs in basics electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and how it relates to service delivery
- Trade qualified (City & Guilds, NVQ, ACS)
- Relevant qualification in Health & Safety
- First Aid at Work qualification.
- Working at heights
- Degree Educated in relevant field
- Pool Plant Operator - Register of Pool Plant Professionals
2. Work and other relevant experience (Including training) e.g. Specialist knowledge, levels of experience, skills, supervisory experience, research
- Experience of working in a maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of planned preventive maintenance
- Ability to work at heights.
- Computer literate.
- Skill in maintaining inspection records (Computerised and Manual)
- Experience of maintaining sports surfaces.
- Experience of working in the leisure industry.
- Understanding/experience of COSHH.
- Knowledge of manual handling.
3. Personal qualities and abilities e.g. Initiative, leadership, ability to work on own or with others, communication skills
- Good communication skills verbally and written.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and to work as part of a team.
- Customer focused
- Good timekeeper
- Ability to work under own initiative or as directed
- Organised and systematic
- Concern for quality of product and service
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly.
- Friendly & approachable
- Good attention to detail
- Supervisory skills
4. Other e.g. Special circumstances (if any) appropriate to the job such as unsocial hours, travelling, physical requirements etc
- Physically fit.
- Willingness to work unsociable hours and on call if required.
- Have an interest in Sport.