Junior Activities Assistant (Childcare) (Sheffield) - Sheffield
Fit for Virgin Active……?
Are you great fun and a brilliant team player? Are you dedicated to making sure our younger members have a wickedly good time?
We’re looking for a Junior Activities Assistant to be a positive and engaging influence to our younger members. Virgin Active Club-V offers a fantastic range of activities for ages six weeks to 15 years and you’ll be there to help keep these important people safe and happy.
- Providing an excellent level of care to the children within your supervision by delivering exciting and engaging activities and sessions including:
o Crèche activities; story time, active games, playground games
o Birthday parties; sports games, creative parties
o Sports activity camps throughout school holidays
o Afterschool activities; active games, active crew sessions and activities.
- Ensure a safe environment at all times by complying with Health & Safety and department policies as well as making sure all facilities and equipment are well maintained and properly stored.
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with parents and care givers, informing them of key achievements or any issues during the sessions.
- Assist the Club V management to meet and exceed set targets and objectives, help achieve commercial success within the department and wider Club team.
What we can’t live without…
To be successful, you’ll need to love looking after and entertaining children of all ages. You’ll be friendly and approachable, with the ability to stay calm whatever the situation and are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Minimum Level 2 qualification in a Child Related field,
- Previous experience working with children, and working in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with the ability to respond appropriately & professionally to the different people you interact with including parents, children and colleagues.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and work politely and efficiently in all situations.
- Enhanced DBS clearance before start date.
This role is part time, working 16 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include earlies (between 8.30am-2pm) and weekends (8.30am starts/5pm closes).