Catering Assistant - Aberdeen -PT
Part Time Catering Assistant
Aberdeen Sports Village wishes to recruit an enthusiastic and passionate individual to complement its busy Cafe Kovo team. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and outgoing, with excellent customer service skills. Previous experience is not essential.
Grade: A - £15,659 pro rata
Hours of work:
Part Time 9.00 – 12.00 hours per week. The successful candidate will be based on either a 3 or 4 week rolling rota which includes evening and weekend shifts. Shift times can vary from the hours of 16.00 to 21.15 Monday – Thursday, 16.00 – 19.30 Friday’s and 08.00 – 18.45 Saturday and Sunday’s.
Other relevant information: This appointment will be made subject to the terms and conditions of employment of Aberdeen Sports Village. If appropriate to the post, ASV will request a PVG Scheme Record prior to employment, as part of their recruitment procedures.
- To set up the café ready for service.
- To check the float and put it in the till.
- To serve customers with food and drinks as required and process cash and card payments through till.
- To operate a coffee machine.
- To prepare, store and serve food and beverages in accordance with all relevant legislation.
- To ensure all food service areas are kept clean to meet the highest standards in accordance
- with all legislation.
- To ensure the highest standards of food service to our customers.
- To ensure the correct usage of cleaning materials and equipment.
- To adhere to all health & safety legislation and report any issues to management.
- To clean up dishes and utensils as required and keep your work place clean and tidy.
- To cover staff breaks as required.
- To clear the service counter when it closes and store all food items appropriately.
- To cash up the till and return the float and takings to the safe.
- Remove rubbish to outside bins and recycling area.
- To report faults or shortages in equipment to your line manager.
- To pass on any new ideas generated by yourself or customers to your line manager. To have a flexible attitude to change.
- To ensure compliance with statutory and ASV regulations regarding Health & Safety, Food Hygiene etc.
- To ensure all wastage is properly recorded.
Education and Qualifications e.g Academic, technical and professional education and training.
- Educated to Standard Grade level in English and Maths.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
Work and other relevant experience (including training). e.g. Specialist knowledge, levels of experience. Skills, supervisory experience, research.
- Computer Literate
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous catering experience
Personal Qualities and Abilities e.g. Initiative, leadership, ability to
work on own or with others, communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Well organised
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and outgoing with a passion for serving customers
- Ability to use own initiative
Other e.g. Special circumstances (if any) appropriate to the job such as unsociable hours, travelling, physical requirements etc.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, including early mornings, afternoons and weekends.
- Must be moderately fit.