Lifeguard - Aberdeen
RLSS UK's new film #BeaLifeguard aims to inspire you to become a lifeguard!
Full Time Sports Attendant (Lifeguard)
Aberdeen Sports Village wishes to recruit an enthusiastic, dynamic individual to complement its busy Operations Team. Sports Attendants should have a friendly, flexible and welcoming personality; be able to deal with all types of customers and their enquiries in a courteous manner; have a keen interest in the promotion of exercise and sport; be able to work as part of a team.
Grade: Grade D, £18,528 - £21, 378
Hours of work: 36.5 hours
Other relevant information: This appointment will be made subject to the terms and conditions of employment of Aberdeen Sports Village. As it is appropriate to the post, ASV will request a PVG Scheme Record prior to employment, as part of their recruitment procedures.
- Supervise the swimming pool areas working to prevent accidents and emergencies, carry out water tests and simple pool plant procedures, and clean the pool and changing room areas.
- Preparing activity areas to include the safe setting up/dismantling of equipment and ensuring that all equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
- Carry out health & safety responsibilities within the facilities.
- Assume responsibility for opening the facilities on time, and for ensuring that facilities are secure at the end of the working day.
- Following Normal and Emergency Operating Procedures.
- Undertake general administration duties.
- Assisting customers with enquires in a friendly and effective manner, proactively
- Developing and maintaining high standards of customer care Liaise with line manager, to ensure safe running of the facilities.
- Monitor the state of repair of all sports equipment (including teaching equipment & equipment for hire) ensuring that equipment checks are carried out as appropriate.
- Assume responsibility for keeping facilities, equipment and general areas both inside and outside the building clean, tidy and safe.
- Carry out emergency first aid as required.
- Take an active part in the on-going staff training programme.
- Undertake any other such duties as may be delegated by the line manager.
Education and Qualifications e.g Academic, technical and professional education and training.
- Valid RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
- Computer Literate.
- Sports coaching qualifications.
- AED certificate
- First Aid certificate.
Work and other relevant experience (including training). e.g. Specialist knowledge, levels of experience. Skills, supervisory experience, research.
- Experience of working in a service industry.
- Experience of dealing with people.
- Experience in Health & Safety requirements.
- Knowledge of customer care
- Experience of working with sports equipment.
- Knowledge of swimming pools
- Experience of working in large events
Personal Qualities and Abilities e.g. Initiative, leadership, ability to work on own or with others, communication skills.
- Cheerful and friendly Able to deal with all types of people and to work in a team.
- Good communication skills verbally and written.
- High standard of hygiene and personal appearance.
- Have a positive personality
- Ability to cope with both quiet and very busy time periods.
- Demonstrates trust, openness and respect in dealing with people
Other e.g. Special circumstances (if any) appropriate to the job such as unsociable hours, travelling, physical requirements etc.
- Willingness to work shifts and weekends.
- Interest in physical activity.
- A moderate level of fitness.
- Competent swimmer
- Team worker
- Ability to show initiative