Customer Service Assistant - Aberdeen
Customer Service Assistant
Aberdeen Sports Village wishes to recruit enthusiastic and passionate individuals to complement its busy Business Development Team. A Customer Service Assistant provides first point of contact for current and potential ASV customers through face to face contact, telephone or e-mail enquiries.
Grade: Grade C £17,021
Hours of work: 36.50 hours per week (includes evenings and weekends).
Other relevant information:
This appointment will be made subject to the terms and conditions of employment of Aberdeen Sports Village.
Interviews date to be confirmed.
Description of Duties
- Greet customers to the facility in the appropriate manner, dealing with any queries or issues arising.
- Provide information and advice to current and potential customers including membership enquiries, membership sales, bookings and pricing.
- Utilise the Leisure Management System (LMS) to take bookings and payments from customers through any communication channel and to record these in the LMS.
- Answering and dealing with incoming phone calls and e-mails
- End of day/shift cash up.
- Ensure all customers are dealt with before passing through the barrier entry systems.
- Complete invoicing for Clients.
- Ensure the LMS is fully updated with any bookings, new member details, customer comments or other relevant data.
- Sale/rent of various sale items to customers.
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the Management Team.
Education and Qualifications e.g. Academic, technical and professional education and training.
- Educated to ‘O’/Standard Grade or equivalent level in English.
- Proficient in the use of computerised systems.
- First Aid at Work Certificate.
- Standard Grade Accounting.
- SVQ Level 2 Customer Service
- Sales & Marketing.
Work and other relevant experience (including training). e.g. Specialist knowledge, levels of experience. Skills, supervisory experience, research.
- Previous experience of working in a customer focused role.
- Cash handling experience
- Previous experience of working within the leisure industry.
- Experience in invoicing and credit control.
- Knowledge of Sport & Leisure industry.
- 1 years’ experience working as a receptionist or in a sales environment.
Personal Qualities and Abilities e.g. Initiative, leadership, ability to work on own or with others, communication skills.
- Open, friendly and enthusiastic personality.
- Team player
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure during busy periods.
Other e.g. Special circumstances (if any) appropriate to the job such
as unsociable hours, travelling, physical requirements etc.
Ability to work as part of a shift pattern including evenings and weekends.