Food & Beverage Team Leader – Grosvenor Casino Plymouth
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work in a FUN, SOCIAL, FLEXIBLE, EXCITING and ENTERTAINING environment, with real development opportunities, with Grosvenor Casinos.
With great gaming, friendly staff, a late night bar, large screen TVs and delicious food; we offer our Customers everything they need for an incredible night out. We would like an enthusiastic Food & Beverage Team Leader to join our team, dedicated to our mission to excite and entertain customers from all walks of life, our Team Leaders support the Food & Beverage team to deliver special service and maximise revenues.
The Casino is a fast paced 24hr business with a variety of shifts. There are great working conditions with an excellent package including uniform and meals on shift, and a share of the tips paid monthly, for the right candidate. Not only is it a fun place to work with great training and excellent career opportunities, there are a lot of great benefits of being part of our team. This includes discounted shopping on many High Street stores like Debenhams, Tesco, Iceland, Ikea, B&Q!! Discounts on many popular restaurants, holidays, insurance, to name but a few! If you would like to know more, then apply to join our team, what is stopping you???
To lead the team to deliver a courteous, professional and efficient service of food, beverages and other ancillary products, whilst complying with all set standards of service and working within the Company’s guiding values.
- Enthusiastically lead the Food and Beverage Team as and when required.
- Ensure that all departments are adequately resourced within required budgets.
- Assist in the training and induction of new team members, and support the development of existing team members through training and coaching.
- Support the Food and Beverage Manager by reviewing performance within the Food and Beverage Team, monitoring through regular reviews and appraisals, escalating any concerns to the Management Team.
- Actively support the Management Team to promote new business and suggest new initiatives to achieve objectives.
- To be customer obsessed, carrying out your duties to ensure that all customers have an exceptional level of service provided, a value for money experience and want to return to the Casino.
- To proactively offer and provide a friendly, accurate, efficient and prompt service of food and beverages, responding positively to all customer requests in accordance with the Company’s Food and Beverage Service Cycles.
- To have an awareness of daily, weekly and monthly targets and ensure that the Food and Beverage Team are working to achieve these.
- To be accountable for all handling of monies and electronic point of sale responsibilities.
- To have the required level of Product Knowledge of our Food & Beverage Offers.
- To have the required level of knowledge of all equipment within the Food and Beverage Department, reporting any faults to the Management Team.
- To ensure that the replenishment of all stock is complete, so that the customer always has the opportunity to access all available products.
- To support the Food and Beverage Manager to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation e.g. Licencing, Weights and Measures etc., escalating any concerns to the Management Team.
- To comply with all regulatory provisions in respect of sanitation and food safety, ensuring that cleaning schedules are adhered to and that the agreed standard of housekeeping and presentation are maintained.
- Promote an environment that encourages responsible drinking.
- Passion to deliver exceptional Customer Service
- Working knowledge of food and beverages within a similar environment.
- Leisure/Food and Beverage industry knowledge including legislation, best practice, current trends, etc.
- NVQ level 2 qualification in Hospitality.
- Experience of leading a team
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have proof of right to work in the UK
Working for us
An amazing team where everyone counts, more than just great venues, our clubs are extraordinary places to work. You’ll find the environment welcoming, vibrant and alive - built around many different people, with many different skills. So whether your role is in Gaming or Hospitality, front of house or back of house, full time or part time, you’ll enjoy being part of a team that is dedicated to giving all of our customers an experience to remember. We offer a hugely diverse range of fun, flexible and rewarding careers in one of the most fast-moving industries around. Gaming - based leisure is a truly unique and fascinating sector to be a part of.
Across our brands we employ almost 11,000 people in roles ranging from casino croupiers, poker dealers, chefs and bingo club callers to specialists in marketing, IT, property, finance, law and human resources. We are a multi-channel business operating across retail (our club and casino venues), online and mobile - always evolving and innovating.
As you would expect, the breadth of the Rank Groups family of businesses provides wide scope for career progression, and we actively encourage transitioning between roles, disciplines and brands to ensure our employees develop their careers in the most fulfilling way possible.
Sound like the sort of organisation you would like to work for? If so we would really like to hear from you - apply for a job that may just change your life!
Due to the expected high volume of applicants we are unable to reply to all applications. If you have not been contacted within 14 days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.