Head of Group Exercise & Fitness/Studio Product - London
I am looking for an individual with an outstanding track record within product development and programming of group exercise to assume full responsibility for the creation and delivery of the GX programme, studio and fitness equipment/product for a premium industry operator.
My client has a market leading position at the top end of the London fitness market and this opportunity is quite simply to establish this brand as the premium market leaders for GX in the UK.
Responsibilities will include:
- Product offering, creation, delivery and execution-including launch to market of signature concepts and collaborations.
- Developing a team of master trainers and head trainers to recruit and develop quality instructors and a unique brand/trainer identity.
- Review of GX booking data working alongside marketing, offering structure, quality management and control in line with brand.
- Development of an academy programme for recruitment, on board training -through educational programme to then into club.
- Studio design and equipment provision in line with programme creation.
- Working with club GMs and coordinators to drive GX attendance and programme quality in club and ensuring delivery is world class for every single class.
- Collaborating with fitness apparel and contra services to enhance the instructor and member experience.
- Fitness equipment product innovation and streamlining in line with group fitness.
- Research and bringing new product to market.
- Fitness and studio design and redesign in line via capex project planning.
I am looking internationally in my search to generate the strongest candidates working in this space who can demonstrate the following skillset and experience:
- Detailed understanding of club and studio boutique market in London or internationally.
- At least 5 years' experience within new product development & execution- or Fitness Operations at General Manager or Group Management level-(preferably with multi-site experience).
- Good commercial skills with prior experience of managing club level P&L or business unit and capital investment projects/budgets. Ability to analyse data.
- Prior experience of building partnerships and collaborations with manufacturers and/or parallel service providers.
- Relevant degree and or masters in sport & exercise science. (preferred but not totally essential).
- Resourceful with high level industry connections.
- Proven excellent communicator and presenter.
- High level of emotional intelligence and collaborative planning coaching style.
The position offers a market leading financial package with a basic salary of 65-75K with a 10 K bonus potential based on hitting key metrics. There is the potential to support with a relocation package for the right candidate.
To apply please forward your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability