Sous Chef - Hotel du Vin, St Andrews
Our appeal is all down to our attitude. Simple yet sophisticated. Informal yet luxurious. Elegant yet unpretentious. It’s a commitment to doing the little things brilliantly. We’re justifiably proud of our collection of 16 townhouse and city-centre properties. Each Hotel du Vin has its own character, shaped by the architecture, history and sensitive conversion of the original building. At the heart of each, our bistros serve French classics with a British twist. And thanks to our close relationships with vineyards and winemakers, our cosy, low-lit bars offer many of the world’s finest and best-kept secret wines.
In return you get to work for great brands with like-minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
Come and Taste the difference in our Kitchen… Second in command in the kitchen brigade, Sous Chefs need to be passionate, methodical and dedicated. The role involves assisting the Head Chef to take responsibility for the kitchen department, food cost, ordering, food and health and safety. You will be required to ensure that all menu dishes are prepared with attention to detail and to the highest standard. You will be required to manage the kitchen brigade in the absence of a Head Chef as well as motivate the team and share knowledge, training and developing chefs within the team. Our menus include a la carte, daily specials and our dishes allow us the opportunity to showcase some of the best local food producers who share our passion for great local and seasonal products.
Behind the walls of our wonderful St Andrews hotel, you'll find a warm welcome and a lovingly refurbished interior with plenty of nooks and crannies. The perfect escape for morning coffee, afternoon tea, pre-prandial drinks or post-dinner conversation. Settle down in the cosy bar, explore our extensive wine list with expert guidance from our Sommelier, and enjoy hearty dishes in our trademark bistro with views over St Andrews Bay. Have a business meeting, or celebrate a joyous wedding or family get-together in grand style in the Macallan Boardroom or sumptuous Ballroom. Upstairs you'll find 37 gleefully furnished and spacious bedrooms, full of typical Hotel du Vin touches. Huge custom-made beds, hand sprung mattresses, big fluffy towels and robes, drenching monsoon showers or roll top baths. Hotel du Vin St Andrews - we dinnae ken a better place to experience the town's delights.