Community Delivery Sports Coach - Milton Keynes
Community Delivery Sports Coach - MK Dons Sports and Education Trust
Department: Community Delivery
Reporting to: Community Delivery Manager
Salary: £7113.60 per annum
Contract: 6 Month Fixed Term
Hours: 16 hours. Any 4 out of 7 days
To plan and deliver football and multi sport sessions within Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas to support Milton Keynes Dons Sport & Education Trust community offer.
- The role requires someone who can plan and prepare and implement well-structured and progressive sports coaching session ensuring a high quality, enjoyable coaching experience centred on the needs of the participants.
- To ensure delivery of football and multi skill sessions to schools and skill centers.
Summary of Duties
- To work with the Community Delivery Manager and Community Delivery Project Officer to develop wider geographic delivery opportunities. All activities should be in line with the strategic development of the Trust
- To plan and prepare and implement well-structured and progressive sports coaching programmes ensuring a high quality, enjoyable coaching experience centred on the needs of the participants
- To be the lead coach on Milton Keynes Dons SET courses when requested by the Community Delivery Project Officer
- To carry out administrative duties as necessary e.g. maintain accurate attendance registers; carry out risk assessments,
- To be committed to continuous professional development relevant to the post and personal training needs supporting future career advancement
- To report to the Community Delivery Project Officer when required.
- To undertake every opportunity to promote a positive image of Milton Keynes Dons Sport and Education Trust
- To positively promote the Trust’s Equal Opportunities policy and core values in all aspects of the post’s responsibilities and duties
- To be prepared to regularly carry out work during evening and weekend periods (unsociable hours)
- To maximise opportunities to raise awareness of the organisations activities
- To ensure that the safety of participants, volunteers and staff is prioritised at all times
- Perform other duties as required which are considered relevant to the post and to the objectives of the Milton Keynes Dons Sport and Education Trust.
- Two years experience of coaching in a sports setting
- Experience of coaching in a wide range of environments including schools, clubs and community settings.
- Experience of delivering coaching sessions using The FA Long Tern Development Model (LTPD)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to inspire children, young people and adults
- Ability to develop and implement high quality, varied and creative coaching sessions focusing on a young person-centered approach
- Ability to inspire, motivate and encourage young people through sport
- Good team worker and Self-motivated
- Ability to develop good working relationships with Staff and partners
- Modern approach to coaching
- FA Level 2 Qualification
- FA Youth Award Level 1
- Member of The FA Licensed Coaches Club
- In date Safeguarding and First Aid Certificates
- Enhanced Barring & Disclosure form
- Able to work within flexi-hours to dovetail with other staff in the Club especially on Match Days
- Willing to work unsociable hours
- Able to drive and have access to a car
- Be interested in all aspects of Football Development
- A demonstrable record of implementing Equal Opportunity policies and activities
- An ability to keep and maintain records.
- An ability to demonstrate good administrative skills.
- Ability to co-ordinate workload.
- FA Youth Award Mod 2
- FA Youth Award Mod 3
- FA Curriculum Module
- Tag Rugby qualification
- Multi Skills or Fundamentals qualification
- A relevant Sport or Leisure qualification.
- 1st 4 sport level 3 certificate in supporting the delivery of Physical Education and School Sport