Inclusion Community Delivery Sports Coach - Milton Keynes
Inclusion Community Delivery Sports Coach - MK Dons Sports and Education Trust
Department: Inclusion Delivery
Reporting to: Inclusion Manager
Hours per week: Non-contracted
Working with the Inclusion Team to plan and deliver football and multi sport sessions within Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas to support Milton Keynes Dons Sport & Education Trust community offer to people with disabilities, special needs, black and minority ethnic communities and people at risk.
The role requires someone who can plan, prepare and implement well-structured and progressive sports coaching sessions ensuring a high quality, enjoyable coaching experience centred on the needs of the participants.
The role involves some weekend, evening working and is subject to safer recruitment practices.
Summary of Duties
- To work with the Inclusion Team to develop wider geographic delivery opportunities. All activities should be in line with the strategic development of the Trust.
- To plan, prepare and implement well-structured and progressive inclusive sports coaching programmes ensuring a high quality, enjoyable coaching experience centred on the needs of the participants.
- To carry out administrative duties as necessary e.g. maintain accurate attendance registers; carry out risk assessments,.
- To be committed to continuous professional development relevant to the post and personal training needs supporting future career advancement.
- To report to the Inclusion Manager as required.
- To undertake every opportunity to promote a positive image of Milton Keynes Dons Sport and Education Trust.
- To positively promote the Trust’s Equal Opportunities policy and core values in all aspects of the post’s responsibilities and duties.
- To be prepared to regularly carry out work during evening and weekend periods (unsociable hours).
- To maximise opportunities to raise awareness of the organisations activities
- To ensure that the safety of participants, volunteers and staff is prioritised at all times
- Two year’s experience of coaching in a sports setting.
- Experience of coaching in a wide range of environments including schools, clubs and community settings.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to inspire children, young people and adults
- Ability to develop and implement high quality, varied and creative coaching sessions focusing on the needs of the group and the individuals within the group.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and encourage people through sport.
- Good team worker and self-motivated.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with staff and partners
- Modern approach to coaching
- FA Level 2 Qualification
- FA Youth Award Level 1
- Member of The FA Licensed Coaches Club
- Enhanced Barring & Disclosure form
- Able to work flexible hours to meet with project needs.
- Willing to work unsociable hours.
- Able to drive and have access to a car.
- A demonstrable record of implementing Equal Opportunity policies and activities.
- An ability to keep and maintain records.
- An ability to demonstrate good administrative skills.
- Ability to co-ordinate workload.
- FA Youth Award Mod 2
- FA Curriculum Module
- Mutli Skills or Fundamentals qualification
- A relevant Sport or Leisure qualification.