Front of House Manager - Hotel du Vin, Cambridge
One of europe's leading hotel brands, hotel du vin is gaining a reputation for wholehearted commitment to doing the simple things, brilliantly.
We have always believed in delivering hospitality in a truly special way, therefore we hire people from all walks of life with just one common attribute - a desire to succeed through hard work, loyalty, enthusiasm and respect for their colleagues.
We are growing in size and searching for talented, passionate people. If you are one too then we’d love to hear from you.
The role involves taking responsibility for the management of the Front Office Team and ensuring that all front office procedures are delivered with personality.
- You will be required to ensure that all guest expectations are met throughout their stay including welcoming all guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner and being a point of contact for our guests.
- You will manage a team of receptionists ensuring that all standards are met with attention to detail, creating memories of an experience that the guest will never forget.
- Reception Managers must be organised, an excellent communicator, and a hands-on manager who has excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a front office department of a similar quality hotel is required and previous experience of working with Fidelio / Opera is beneficial.
- You must have passion for hospitality and deliver service with a smile.
We are offering a competitive salary per annum and an award winning benefit package including:
- Range of flexible benefits including life insurance.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- Childcare scheme.
- Employee assistance scheme.
- 31 days holiday per annum.
- Company discounts including staff rates and major high street discounts.
We also offer award winning training and development programmes for those who would like to take a step up the career ladder such as the Management Development Programme and the academy. We are a company continually evolving, developing and growing. A company full of opportunities.
Sitting snugly among the Grade II listed buildings of picturesque Trumpington Street, our Cambridge hotel was lovingly converted from old University buildings. Retaining the original character and quirky architectural features, this boutique hotel is the ideal place to relax, celebrate or do business - or a bit of all three. Also known for its festivals, museums, theatres and open spaces, Cambridge is a town like no other. Just as Hotel du Vin Cambridge is a hotel like no other. Lose yourself in a world of nooks, crannies, exposed brickwork, restored fireplaces and dark wooden floors. Take morning coffee or afternoon tea in the lounge, or savour classic French dishes with a British twist in our trademark Bistro - bon appétit for leisurely lunches or candlelit dinners. Linger over an aperitif or nightcap in deep sofas. Sample some of the finest fizz in the cellar bar or explore terroir and variatels with our expert Sommelier with a wine tasting. Or perhaps hold a private dining experience or get-together in one of our stunning function rooms? And when sleep beckons, retire to one of 41 distinctive bedrooms. You'll find a comfy custom-made bed, soft Egyptian cotton linen, large fluffy towels, monsoon shower or roll top bath. When it comes to unique hotels in Cambridge, Hotel du Vin graduates with honours.