Pastry Chef - Hotel du Vin, Bristol
One of europe's leading hotel brands, hotel du vin is gaining a reputation for wholehearted commitment to doing the simple things, brilliantly.
We have always believed in delivering hospitality in a truly special way, therefore we hire people from all walks of life with just one common attribute - a desire to succeed through hard work, loyalty, enthusiasm and respect for their colleagues.
We are growing in size and searching for talented, passionate people. If you are one too then we’d love to hear from you.
The role involves taking responsibility for the delivery of a high standard of food to our guests.
- You will be required to develop the commis chefs and as part of the role you will be expected to maintain standards of food hygiene and health and safety.
- You will specialize in the pastry section of the kitchen in this role. Our menus include a la carte, daily specials and our dishes allow us the opportunity to showcase some of the best local food producers who share our passion for great local and seasonal products.
- Pastry Chefs must be passionate about food and delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
- Experience in a similar position is necessary and we are looking for commitment and dedication.
We are offering a competitive salary plus / including service charge and an award winning benefit package including:
- Range of flexible benefits including life insurance.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- Childcare scheme.
- Employee assistance scheme.
- 31 days holiday per annum.
- Company discounts including staff rates and major high street discounts.
We also offer award winning training and development programmes including the AAA programme for those who would like to take a step up the career ladder. We are a company continually evolving, developing and growing. A company full of opportunities.
Nestling in the heart of the old city, close to the rejuvenated waterfront, the shopping hub of Cabot Circus, Christmas Steps, Park Street and the charming Clifton village, our Bristol hotel is the perfect setting for work or pleasure. Ideal for enjoying a weekday business brunch, leisurely lunch, dinner or afternoon tea, luxurious weekend break or indulgent city retreat or celebrating a wedding, family gathering or private event. Loaf in a leather armchair in the cosy Sugar Bar, and discover rums from around the world. Beckon our expert Sommelier over to help you choose from our extensive list. Relax in the elegant yet informal ambience of our trademark Bistro, as talented Chefs create freshly prepared, locally sourced French classics, served with a British twist. Or dine al fresco in our secluded flagstone courtyard, before a relaxing nightcap. Then melt your cares away with a deep bath in your elegant bathroom, before flopping onto Egyptian cotton bed linen in one of 40 exquisite bedrooms.