Night Cleaner (20hrs)
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public.
Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Bisham Abbey is one of Sport England`s National Sports Centres and is home to a number of National Governing Bodies of Sport. Bisham Abbey provides excellent facilities to Britain`s leading sports men and women, and aims to provide a world class experience where everything we do ensures that our customers are valued and their satisfaction and recommendation to others is paramount.
Bisham Abbey is also a Conferencing and Event Centre, boasting a large number of recently refurbished rooms and outdoor spaces for weddings, corporate events and team-building days. It is located close to London and major transport links, and sits on the borders of Berkshire and Buckinghamshire in stunning grounds on the banks of the River Thames.
Serco is currently recruiting for a Part Time Cleaner to work 20 hours per week on Monday and Sunday evenings at Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre. The role of the Night Cleaner is to ensure that after hours cleaning tasks are undertaken to the required standard in a safe manner throughout the facility.
* Maintain a high standard of cleaning throughout the building
* Provide a safe working environment whilst dealing with chemicals, ensuring that they are handled in accordance with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Assessments.
* Ensure that cleaning tasks are carried out safely with due consideration to the public, visitors and other staff.
* Maintain stock levels and advise the line managers when stocks needs replenishments
* Ensure all equipment is cleaned and stored using the correct methods
* Use of personal protective equipment when necessary
* Actively apply good housekeeping principles in order to contribute to our strategy to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
* Work as part of the night cleaning team and overseeing Duty Manager.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
* Experience within a similar working environment or the capacity to demonstrate capability would prove to be beneficial.
* The successful candidate for the role of Night Cleaner will need awareness of current Health and Safety practise.
* A keen attention to detail and good communication skills would prove to be advantageous as well as a pleasant friendly disposition.
* A strong work ethic and a commitment to standards is key to this role.
We are looking for a high calibre candidate and will offer an attractive salary with commission and benefits package to the right person. Benefits include:
* Free Gym membership
* Staff meal discounts
* Paid overtime opportunities
* Pension scheme
* Family Healthcare scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Discounts and money off vouchers for a wide range of goods and services
* Work and Life Support service
In line with Serco Leisure`s policy, all employees will have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure at an appropriate level.
If you have the skills and experience required to fulfil this role, please apply now.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.