Casual Cleaner - WetnWild
Wet `n` Wild is the North East`s largest indoor water park. Situated in North Shields, just beside Royal Quays shopping centre, Wet `n` Wild offers 10 exciting thrill rides, a great cafe, mini water park, fully stocked shop and a host of fully trained staff.
We are currently recruiting a Casual Cleaner to work as and when the business needs. As the site cleaner the primary element of your role is to undertake a range of cleaning duties within the leisure facility, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness ensuring the welfare and safety of customers.
* Maintain a high standard of cleaning throughout the building at all times.
* Provide a safe working environment whilst dealing with chemicals, ensuring that they are handled in accordance with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Assessments
* Ensure that cleaning tasks are carried out safely with due consideration to the public, visitors and other staff. This includes utilising signage and ensuring equipment is stored safely
* Ensure all cleaning schedules are followed and checklists are completed.
* Report problems relating to cleaning and areas not cleaned.
* Maintain stock levels and advise the line manager when stocks are in need of replenishment.
* Ensure that equipment is inspected prior to use and is used safely.
* Ensure that personal protective equipment provided is used and kept in good condition.
* Ensure all cleaning equipment is cleaned and returned to a secure store on completion of cleaning tasks
* Undertake any other duties as required as directed by your Line Manager
Essential Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
* Experience in a similar position beneficial
* NVQ Level 2 in cleaning is desirable
* Good communication skills
* Health & safety awareness
* Customer care awareness
* Attention to detail
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.