Sports & Leisure Manager - Perran Sands Holiday Park, Perranporth
4 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Do you want to continue your career in Sport & Leisure, working for The Times 4th Best Big Company in the UK?
As a Sport & Leisure Manageryou will be entrusted with ensuring the safety of our guests as well as promoting the enjoyable & memorable experiences our guests and Owners have grown to expect.
The Purpose of the role:
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of managing a large team of both full and part time team members (Lifeguards & Activity Leaders). For this you will be responsible for:
- Recruitment & on-going training of your team with consideration given to regular reviews in order to promote development.
- Lead & inspire your team members in order for them to promote the Haven values and exceed the business goals.
- Manage, operate & care for all indoor & outdoor leisure facilities including swimming pools, sports & play facilities as well as hire equipment.
- Facilitate an excellent and dynamic programme of sporting and aquatic based activities such as Archery, Fencing, Rifle shooting, Swimming lessons and kayaking.
- Motivating Activity Leaders to deliver our brand standards to ensure that guests and owners families have the best experience possible.
- Manage, achieve & grow financial performance. This is achieved through the sale of activities, hire items, retail product and the daily management of an agreed budget.
Applicants are expected to be able to display a sound knowledge of Health & Safety procedures related to the operation of a Leisure department and must conform to company and industry related guidelines.
It would be preferred, though not essential, for applicants to hold current and in date qualifications for:
- RLSS Trainer Assessor (probationary or full)
- RLSS NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard)
- STA Pool Plant Operator (3 day)
- First Aid At work & Leisure Management qualifications
In addition to the above, applicants should be able to provide qualifications and experience of 'dry' leisure involvement whether through governing bodies, hobbies and interests or from time spent with an alternative activity provider. Our dry leisure offer is increasing year on year and plays an integral part to the success of each and every leisure department within Haven..
Additional training courses & qualifications will be arranged for the successful candidate dependant on requirements.
The Benefits of working with us:
- Free use of many of the Park facilities and discounts off our food and retail outlets.
- Discounted Bourne Leisure holidays for you, your family and friends.
- Reward and recognition schemes including long service and team member of the month.
- Externally recognised qualifications to give you the opportunity to develop and progress.
Our guests and our team members are vitally important to us and we need to ensure we build effective relationships, through trust, always having an approachable, friendly and helpful attitude. This will ensure our guests feel reassured that we always have their interests at the heart of everything we do.