Head Chef - Swadlincote
Head Chef - Champneys Health Resort Springs
REPORTS TO: Group Executive Chef, Resort General Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: All Department Staff Members
Champneys is a destination health spa chain with resorts and day spas located in the English counties of Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire and Hampshire.
Responsible for the management and running of the kitchen ensuring all food is prepared to the highest standard and providing a fine dining experience to Champneys guests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In conjunction with the Group Executive Chef, the post holder will be involved in the development and design of the menu taking into account the nutritional requirement of the Champneys Healthy Eating Policy.
- You will be responsible for recruiting, managing, training and performance of all kitchen team members to Champneys high standards; to include staff appraisals, probationary reviews, and conducting hearings when required in line with Champneys policies.
- To forecast and make sure correct food stock levels are in place on a daily basis.
- Ensure adequate rostered staffing levels and delegating kitchen responsibilities where necessary as per the business needs and forecasting.
- Managing food COS to budget and meeting budget targets
- Managing stock control within budget
- Managing kitchen equipment inventory.
- Ensure clear communication is maintained between the Kitchen, Restaurant and other Departments.
- Overall responsibility for the preparation and presentation of our buffets and food on the menus.
- Updating the People System in relation to new starters and leavers, rotas, absences etc. Ensuring staff have log-ins and training staff where necessary.
- Review the Department’s payroll on a monthly basis as per the timetable and reporting any deviations to the General Manager.
- To raise purchase orders via the central ordering system and appropriately authorise purchases to the value of £500
- Responsible for the hygiene standards of the kitchen.
- Attend and contribute to any meetings as required.
- Attend training courses as required and ensure staff in the department attend.
- To work towards the aims of the Kitchen, Resort and Champneys.
- To be fully conversant with the Resort’s emergency procedures.
- Ensures that health and safety standards are maintained in the kitchen and action/report any hazards as necessary.
- Undertaking duty manager responsibilities on a rota basis.
- Comply and with all Company Policy and Procedures
- Complete any other reasonable duties as requested by the Senior Management Team.
- Food qualifications – City and Guilds or NVQ 1/2
- Food hygiene certificate Level 2 or Advanced
- An accomplished Head Chef with a strong food and service focus.
- Experience of working in a high quality establishment.
- Excellent management, motivational and leadership skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent customer service
- Effective communication skills
- Attention to detail
Knowledge and Understanding
- Budget management
- Stock control
- Nutritional and Allergy requirements
- Must have a passion and love for food.
- Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays subject to rota as well as a willingness and ability to extend or change hours and days of work from time to time upon request and subject to operational requirements.
We offer industry competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, which includes:
- Contracted 28 days / shifts annual holiday including bank holidays, which increases with service.
- Generous staff discount in the Champneys boutique and retail offer.
- Employee and family member discount for mid-week residential breaks at Champneys resorts.
- Complimentary staff spa facility day on successful completion of probationary period.
- Subsidised meals whilst on duty.
- Discounted Champneys Club Membership.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Participation in Wider Wallet shopping discount scheme.
- Option to join private healthcare scheme.
- Training and development opportunities.
Some restrictions or variations may apply depending on resort, role and length of service. Our benefits package is subject to review from time to time.
Apply for Head Chef - Swadlincote
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly