HR Business Partner - London
Are you fit for Virgin Active…..?!
Do you have a CIPD qualification (or equivalent experience) with the ability to demonstrate impact & influence? Do you have HR experience in a multisite environment and looking to apply that to an exciting new challenge in a strong brand?
We’re looking for an HR Business Partner to join our fun & friendly People team, to provide objective & robust business partnering to the Divisional Director.
Here at Virgin Active, we pride ourselves on our innovations, heartfelt service and vision to be the World’s Most Loved Health Club. Right now, we need you to get on board and help us achieve this.
Reporting into the Head of HR Operations, you will work closely with the Divisional Director to drive performance and leadership capability across the Division
- Effectively challenging and coaching Directors and Senior Managers in defining, developing and delivering people plans which support the achievement of the business objectives
- Diagnose people needs of the Division and work with Head of HR Operations to build people roadmap to address these needs
- Partner with the wider People Teams, including Resourcing and Learning & Development to ensure development plans and vacancies are filled to business strategy
- Run succession planning meetings to ensure appropriate successors are identified for business critical roles and individuals with potential are actively discussed
- Monitor turnover and support managers with proactive action
- Own approach and work with the Divisional Director to ensure robust and consistent approach to performance management cycle across the Division
- Work with Head of HR Operations and Divisional Directors to define engagement strategy, timeline and relevant surveys.
- Review engagement survey results and support with the sharing of these with the Division, as well as working with General Managers to build effective action plans for their clubs
This is a field based role working full time. Flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business and regular travel to clubs is involved.
What we can’t live without:
Proactive & professional, we’re looking for someone with the ability to build good relationships at all levels and influence in a positive way.
To be successful as an HR Business Partner, you’ll have/be:
- CIPD qualified (or equivalent experience)
- Previous HR experience in a multisite environment
- Excellent organisation & communication skills
- The ability to work independently and juggle many tasks at the same time
- Excellent people & networking skills, with the ability to demonstrate impact & influence
- Lots of energy & drive
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. You’ll have a dedicated Manager and a supportive wider team to really set you up for success.
Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Birthday bonus day off (in addition to your annual leave)
- Pension contributions matched up to 5%
- Health & dental care
- Company car