WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR A FULL TIME LEISURE ASSISTANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM.
To assist in the daily operation of the Club ensuring a safe, efficient and customer orientated service is provided to all members and visitors.
To the Duty Officer Team and the Operations Manager.
- To assist in the day to day operation of the Charterhouse Club, ensuring that all health and safety legislation and operation procedures are complied with at all times.
- To ensure that all loose equipment is erected and dismantled on time in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations and any approved codes of practice, and used properly by members and visitors at all times.
- To supervise the swimming pool to ensure the safety and welfare of all users in accordance with the company’s Swimming Pool Operating Procedure (SPOP).
- To attend regular staff training sessions and staff meetings as and when required.
- To operate on a shift rota basis as a member of the Leisure Assistant Team, incorporating evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays as required to effectively cover all Charterhouse Club opening hours.
- To co-operate with the Company in all issues relating to health and safety under the provisions within the Health & Safety At Work Act 1974, the Company Health & Safety Policy, Swimming Pool Operating Procedure (SPOP) and any other subsequent and/or relevant legislation.
- To maintain the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Club at all times. Undertake routine cleaning duties as required by the Management Team.
- Assist the Duty Officer Team to ensure that all loose equipment, fixtures and fittings are maintained in a safe condition in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and relevant health and safety legislation, and that all defects to the buildings, plant etc are reported as quickly as possible.
- To maintain a high standard of customer care in all transactions in accordance with the Company’s ‘Customer Policy and Procedure’.
- To maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of the Club, its activities, membership structure and packages, and current promotions at all times.
- To actively sell the benefits of membership to the Club to prospective members and seek to retain existing members.
- To develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the other areas of the operation and assist in these areas as and when required by the Club Management Team.
- To actively promote the name of Charterhouse and Charterhouse Club in all interactions with members and visitors.
- To carry out other duties as may be required to ensure the Club operation is properly maintained to provide total customer satisfaction.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Relevant Experience/Knowledge & Technical Competencies
- You must be a strong, confident swimmer
- Good standard of general education
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety at work
- Experience of working in a Health & Fitness industry (desirable but not essential)
- A lifesaving qualification such as the RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) of NARS Lifeguard Qualification is an essential requirement for this role; for the right candidate training will be provided; qualification must be obtained within 6 months of employment commencing.
- To maintain your lifeguarding award and to undertake and successfully achieve lifeguard competency tests as required by the company.
- A first aid qualification is desirable but not essential.
Personal Competencies / Skills
- Outgoing and confident personality
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- A keen interest in sport and fitness activities
- High standard of personal hygiene and appearance
- Pro-active and reliable
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude and willing to undertake routine tasks
- Physical fitness and stamina
Benefits of Employment
Salary Commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate
Holiday 30 days annual leave (bank holidays included)
Benefits Automatic enrolment into the Club's Pension Scheme
Death in Service Benefit
Membership of the Club
This is a full time role, Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week either on a morning or an afternoon shift as follows:
AM – 06:15 to 14:45
PM – 14:30 to 22:30
Apply for Leisure Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly