Head Coach (Fixed Term until November 2018)
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Serco Leisure is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
Billesley Indoor Tennis Centre is a large indoor and outdoor tennis facility. We also have a gym, studio cycling, walking and running groups.
We are currently recruiting for a new role of Head Coach to 28 hours per week, Monday – Sunday on a rota basis. The role will be split into 18 hours of on court coaching and 10 hours admin/off court.
You will be delivering on court coaching and off court monitoring and having the responsibility of driving participation on the programme. The successful candidate will report into the tennis manager and lead on court direction of coaching and delivery in the local community.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
* To deliver coaching sessions on the weekly programme and monitor on court delivery/sustainability.
* To ensure the quality of coaching is continually delivered and monitored throughout the tennis programme.
* To ensure weekly participation numbers are being achieved through planned outreach campaigns.
* To deliver any additional coaching where needed to the coaching team.
* You will be set specific outreach campaigns to deliver, to hit participation numbers on a monthly basis. This will mean being off site within the community promoting the tennis programme and creating leads.
* Visit local schools to deliver taster sessions and hand out marketing flyers. Also ensure a good relationship is maintained to continually deliver in schools.
* To grow the mini tennis programme and sustain its current levels.
* Manage and implement the mini tennis rally awards scheme.
Essential / Desirable Skills for the role;
* Hold a Level 4 accredited Coach Qualification or equivalent is desirable.
* Proven experience of working in a similar role/environment is essential.
* Good Customer care and communication skills.
* Good organisational skills
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV in a word or PDF format.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.