Learning & Development Manager - Bourne Leisure Support Centre - Hemel Hempstead
1 day left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Do you want to continue your career in Learning & Development working for The Sunday Times 4th Best Big Company in the UK?
Bourne Leisure is currently looking for 2 Learning & Development Managers to help us move our operational skills agenda forward with the intention of creating more consistent training material to ensure we deliver a great team and guest experience, giving them the knowledge and skills to give great service to our guests. All 3 of our brands; Butlin's, Haven and Warner Leisure pride themselves in delighting our guests and we now need to ensure that our team members have the tools, knowledge expertise and skill to be able to deliver this.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Assess, design and write a range of training material that supports from the first 12 weeks through to leadership and management roles with the aim of improving the skill level amongst our team to drive engagement and retention.
- Design training courses and programmes necessary to meet training needs, in consultation with department heads, including assessment methods and measurement systems.
- Organise training venues, logistics, transport, accommodation as required, to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery.
- Plan and deliver training courses personally where necessary, arranging for the maintenance of all necessary equipment and materials relating to the effective delivery and measurement of training.
- Monitor and report on activities, costs, performance, etc, as required.
- Advise the business and can develop different training solutions ensuring that they reflect the tone, language and brand cultures.
- Help ensure that all parts of the business can demonstrate due diligence and legal compliance through some new and updated training solutions.
To be successful you will have:
- Experience of writing and creating a range of training material for a range of audiences.
- Knowledge of different learning software; LMS and e-learning systems and how to create learning solutions to fit the different learning mechanics.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Email. Numerically and grammatically accurate
- Experience of stakeholder engagement at different levels within diverse and complex business environments ensuring all needs are considered.
- The ability to design training solutions making sure that all steps of learning are incorporated and you are able to measure ROI and impact.
- CIPD Qualified to level 5 and chartered membership.
Our ideal candidates will have worked in a fast paced and guest centric organisation where it is values lead and totally people focused. They should be familiar with being able to work across a range of brands and functions and is also able to spend time out in the operation on site.