Restaurant Host/Hostess - Surrey
Based in Virginia Water and only a train away from London, the Wentworth Grill is a restaurant notable for all the right reasons; an eclectic menu offering an exquisite range of seasonal, traditional and international cuisine, a varied wine list, impeccable service and the unmistakable buzz that speaks of contented diners. The Art Deco inspired interior is something that both modernists and traditionalists will appreciate
We are looking for a talented Host or Hostess to provide the all-important first impression for guests dining in the Restaurant. You will understand our members and their guest specific requirements and make everyone experience special.
You will take and confirm reservations, managing the Restaurant Diary to maximize our revenue. You will up-sell and proactively sell all our promotions and dining experiences, to maximize dining covers.
We are looking for a motivated and professional individual with that special flair for hospitality to welcome our guests by name, escorting them to the cocktail bar for an aperitif. You will then introduce them to their waiting staff to continue their dining experience seamlessly.
Our successful candidate must:
- Be an excellent and professional communicator with guests and associates alike,
- Have an excellent telephone manner and fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Be highly organised and be confident in dealing with what is a fast paced environment.
- Be highly flexible and be able to fit to shift patterns, along with working in the Restaurant when required.
- Be able to interact and contribute positively to the team.
- Be computer literate and confident using Microsoft Office (including Excel)
- Experience working in a restaurant / food and beverage environment is important, as is food and beverage product knowledge.
- Knowledge of food, wine and beverage is an advantage.
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised accommodation offered within walking distance
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Use of our 5-star prestigious facilities including our 3 championship standard golf course, along with all of our Tennis & Health facilities (gym, studio classes, tennis courts, indoor swimming pool and spa)
- Discounted dining at our 5-star food & beverage outlets
- Discount on retail in both our Spa and Pro Shop
- Free Meals on duty
- Internal training and development
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
We also offer award winning training and development programmes for those who would like to take a step up the career ladder. We are a company continually evolving, developing and growing. A company full of opportunities
Are you interested in joining the team? Good because we are looking for people that will define our service from our competitors!