Retail Catering Operations Manager, Manchester
Due to an increase in business over the recent and coming months we have an excellent position in Manchester for a highly experienced and dynamic Retail Catering Operations Manager to oversee our client’s two catering divisions, with overall responsibility for the Cafe and Restaurant Management teams.
Important: It is essential you are an established Catering Operations Manager as you will need to hit the ground running, while driving standards and motivating the teams.
Core Duties as Retail Catering Operations Manager
* To set in place with the café and restaurant management team a structured daily and weekly set of routines that ensure only the highest standards are met.
* Striving to exceed all sales targets set by the company for both the Café and Restaurant.
* To develop and maintain safe working practices in line with all current basic food hygiene regulations, and ensure all staff and managers are fully conversant in this area.
* Building and motivating a structured team to ensure the customer experience is second to none.
* To develop and change the menus to ensure a refreshed look and feel to both the café and the restaurant, ensuring that an appropriate level of pricing is set.
* Constantly review and improve every process and pay particular emphasis on supplier selection and liaison along with portion control to ensure that the company’s target GP is met.
* Monitor the use of company procedures and take corrective action, where necessary.
* Delegate where appropriate but to ensure that all members of the team are managed and motivated on a daily basis.
* Ensure that all aspects of personnel planning (including rota’s, timesheets, holiday and lieu day requests) are done in a timely and proactive manner.
* Clearly communicate to the cafe/restaurant management a comprehensive set of objectives, including the timely completion of appraisals in line with the company policy.
* Identify any individuals who would benefit from further coaching, guidance and/or training, but working to the company’s disciplinary procedure should progress not be made.
* Work with the Personnel department to ensure all working practices are up to date and facilitate and suggest any key areas of necessary training.
As Retail Catering Operations Manager the successful candidate will have:
* A proven background of delivering excellent customer service
* A strong work ethic and a genuinely enthusiastic manner
* A flair for food innovation and driving positive change
* Proven ability to direct, manage and motivate multiple teams
* A passion for fresh food and quality service
* Managing multiple budgets and achieving targets
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Catering, operations, manager, restaurant, retail, hospitality,
Apply for Retail Catering Operations Manager, Manchester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly