Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing/Lettings
St Columb, Cornwall
Who we are
Retallack is a five star luxury resort and spa in Cornwall, Set in 100 acres of peaceful lakes and Cornish countryside the resort has plenty going on and offers much more than your average holiday home. From indulging in dinner, to relaxing in the spa, working up a glow in the health club, having fun on the FlowRider or splashing around at Retallack Wake Park, we have it all.
We are looking for a Head of Marketing/Lettings Manager to run our busy Marketing and lettings department. This position will require you to maximise the annual sales together with developing the marketing strategy for the resort. Working closely with the Brand Manager, Revenue Manager and the Reservations team, you’re focus is to deliver sales and marketing activities to achieve and exceed budget.
- Responsible for the management of both the Reservations and Marketing a team of 7
- Ensuring all material on the website is up to date and relevant to the resorts activities and promotions
- Working closely with the Executive Chef/F&B team to coordinate promotional menus and offers
- Organise and chair weekly/monthly sales and marketing meetings
- Responsible for implementing all promotions and activities across all departments
- Directing photo shoots, ensuring all imagery of the resort in all marketing information is relevant
- Continually creating, looking for and capitalising on opportunities for positive PR for Retallack Resort and selecting the best channels to broadcast these.
- Maintain key relationships between the PR company and external marketing companies
- Hold Marketing budget responsibility and full accountability for spend and return
- Manage our social media presence to raise brand awareness and monitor the pulse of our online communities
- Previous experience in the events industry within a sales and/or event operations role is essential
- Previous experience of effectively recruiting, managing and motivating a team
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to effectively prioritise and multi-task
- A good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and related PC packages is essential for this role
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills as well as a proactive, resilient and can do attitude
- Knowledge/experience of SEO together with PPC is desirable
- Experience dealing with stakeholders at all levels, able to challenge/persuade with positive intent
- Strong digital marketing background- self-directed, able to challenge/persuade with positive intent
- Experience in creative and powerful ways of delivering engaging Marketing messages ensuring the business needs are met sensitively
- Good communication skills (written & verbal)
- Knowledge of Google AdWords and Analytics is required
- Previous experience of developing both mobile and desktop websites is essential
- Strong communication and negotiation skills are required
- 21 days holiday entitlement and Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on leisure facilities, Thalgo Spa, Green Room Restaurant, Wake Park and Flowrider.
- Free onsite parking.
• Offers are subject to suitable references and DBS check
The closing date for this position is 31/10/16