Head Chef - Finland
Job Title: Head Chef
Responsible to: General Manager
Responsible for: Sous Chefs, Chefs de Partie, Kitchen Porters
About the company
One of the leading inbound tour operators in Lapland, Santa Safari provides clients with a range of thrilling activities and quality accommodation, all set deep within the Arctic Circle. Winter activities range from snowmobiling, husky sledding and Northern Lights safaris, as well as memorable family meetings with Santa Claus in his homeland.
Based in ‘True Lapland’, we pride ourselves on offering once-in-a-lifetime experiences in an unforgettable part of the world – a real winter wonderland. Far from the mass-market ski resorts or Santa ‘theme parks’, we choose to welcome guests from all over the world to remote, wilderness Arctic locations in the very north of Sweden and Finland - making dreams come true for thousands of children and grown-ups alike.
The Santa Safari team is enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking. We have a hands-on approach and are passionate about delivering high quality customer experiences. All our job roles are challenging but rewarding and require a high level of flexibility and team spirit. A "can do attitude" is essential, and so is a willingness to step into other roles as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the programmes.
Working in the Arctic requires physical fitness, passion and above all commitment. The remote environment and the intensity of the client programme are not for the faint hearted but it offers staff a lifetime experience like no other. If you have what it takes to be part of the Santa Safari team, then we’d love to hear from you.
The role requires an experienced head chef, used to running a large kitchen, to be based in Lapland. Your responsibilities will include ensuring the smooth operation of the kitchen and the timely production of high quality food.
You will be responsible for adhering to and managing the budget for your kitchen. In doing so, you will be responsible for ordering food, organising your team and ensuring quality, presentation and cleanliness of the kitchen. Meals will be a combination of a la carte and buffet for approx 100- 150 guests three times per day.
Skills and experience
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
- Proven experience as a Head Chef and exceptional delegation skills
- A thorough grasp of planning/logistics
- Qualification or proven ability in the catering industry
- Full knowledge of HCCAP
- Food innovation and keeping up-to-date with current food trends
- Outgoing personality
- Positive attitude
- Natural leader
- Conscientious and responsible
- Good attention to detail and pride in work
- Supportive and able to enthuse others whilst maintaining a professional image
- Flexible approach to work including willingness to take on tasks outside the normal remit
- Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and sometimes challenging environment
- Target driven – results orientated and ability to meet targets and deadlines
Santa Safari is committed to promoting equality and diversity.