Spa Director - Durham
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Spa Director to join our team. Situated in the grounds of Ramside Hall, a privately owned hotel, the 5 Bubble awarded Spa offers the very highest standards in luxurious and relaxing spa experiences, premium fitness facilities and an extensive selection of Asian- inspired food in our Fusion restaurant. Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa is set in a unique location close to the historic city of Durham, surrounded by 350 acres of private grounds with two 18 hole Championship golf courses, a purpose built luxury on site spa complex, four bars and award winning restaurants.
Accomodation available if required.
REPORTING TO: General Manager
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Responsible for the creation and delivery of the Spa strategy to deliver the ultimate guest experience and drive the on-going development of the business. Ensure the successful planning and day to day operation of the Spa, optimising profitability in financial performance through revenue generation and cost control. Provide the leadership and motivation for the teams to innovative and develop both the brand and their own skills ensuring five-star service is at the centre of everything we do.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
SALES & MARKETING:
- To develop and implement sales, marketing and membership strategies across all areas, focusing on driving immediate business whilst maintaining a longer term focus on strategy for the future.
- To understand and market the brands unique points of difference, coordinating and reviewing all PR, promotional activity and events work in partnership with the hotel to achieve sales as a destination resort.
- To devise and maintain an exceptional consumer engagement path, leveraging digital marketing, CRM, social media and constantly explore other avenues of consumer engagement; ensuring the best level of customer service is delivered to consumers and customers at all times.
- To actively sell, maintain and communicate regularly with the membership database, monitoring member retention, reviewing cancellations and associated reasons and trends.
- To ensure the Spa remains a market leader, maintaining a strong awareness of competitor activity and keeping up to date with the latest trends in leisure and spa activities, maintaining a fresh approach to business objectives and service standards.
OPERATIONAL & BUDGET MANAGEMENT:
- To develop an annual business plan and budget to deliver agreed financial and service targets, achieving profit delivery from the Spa, including (but not restricted to) membership, treatment revenue, retail.
- To continuously develop and implement control procedures ensuring margin targets are achieved.
- To produce and analyse financial and statistical reports and KPI’s, identifying business opportunities, liaising with other departments to maximise revenue opportunities.
- To plan and recruit cost effective labour resource to achieve the requirements of the business and meet budgetary constraints, achieving a profitable sales to salary ratio.
- To develop links and partnerships with external specialists to deliver an appropriate range of additional services linked to the core offer, for guests and members.
- To coordinate stock planning/inventory forecasting and develop relationships with key product suppliers to ensure continuity and quality of supply, training access, promotional support and ensure all legislative requirements are met.
- To work closely with the Maintenance team to ensure the Spa is presented in top quality conditions at all times.
- To review customer feedback achieving consistent guest satisfaction that exceeds expectations and ensure any complaints are dealt with promptly and effectively, ensuring client satisfaction and revenue is not jeopardised and corrective action continuously improves results for the future.
- Promote a culture of cooperation and support between the Spa and Hotel with the shared mission of creating an exceptional destination resort with exceptional service.
- Act as Duty Manger when required to oversee the smooth running of all areas of the Spa business, communicating effectively with relevant departments, completing relevant opening and closing procedures and liaising with the hotel where relevant.
- To display leadership in hospitality, exemplifying exceptional customer with an active presence creating an atmosphere of passion and positivity for guests and employees alike.
- To lead the fitness manager and team to ensure that the area offers a wide range of classes and programmes appropriate to the business needs.
- To lead the Spa Managers and Sales teams to ensure that the treatment rooms offer a wide range of appropriate treatments and packages to suit the target markets.
- To facilitate on-going and interactive communication in all areas and create initiatives and team incentives/commissions that inspire teams to drive the business.
- To empower, develop and motivate quality teams and individuals, regularly review performance, providing regular coaching, training and development to ensure individuals reach their full potential and contribute to the achievement of business objectives.
- To ensure that all team members are fully trained and qualified in systems and procedures and understand their responsibilities with regard to statutory and legal requirements, promoting a secure and professional environment for team members and guests.
- To develop productive working relationships and ongoing communication with colleagues to ensure a good team ethic and enhanced customer service.
- To ensure professional appearance and presentation of both self and team members; promoting a high level of professionalism to customers.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- To maintain standards of health and safety, cleanliness, hygiene and professional presentation in all areas of the Spa.
- To implement and review risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- To regularly update training for all staff on Health and Safety and ensure standards are adhered to.
- To take responsible care of own health and safety at work and those with whom you come into contact with.
- Customer focused and a confident communicator with a passion for beauty and well being
- Real hands-on management experience in luxury Spa and leisure operations
- Commercially astute evidencing business acumen and developing new strategies at a senior level
- Proven experience in a senior leadership/management role demonstrating the ability to organise and inspire others
- A creative mind and analytical approach
- Ability to manage budgets and make informed decisions
- Hands-on approach with the initiative to deal with the flexibility of day-to-day operational issues
- Able to work any day of the week, including early mornings and late evenings
We value all applications, unfortunately due to the volume of response we are currently receiving; we are only able to contact candidates whose skills and experience most closely match the requirements of the role. We will however, hold your application on file for a period of 6 months should a suitable alternative arise
The Company reserves the right to add or amend any other reasonable duties as required
Apply for Spa Director - Durham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly