Fitness and Wellbeing Advisor - London
We’re looking for a Fitness and Wellbeing Advisor with a passion for helping people improve their health.
At Nuffield Health, we’re changing the way the nation sees health by bringing fitness and healthcare together. It means our Corporate Fitness & Wellbeing Centres are much more than just gyms – they’re part of our holistic, integrated health service. It also means there could be exciting career developments ahead.
About this Fitness and Wellbeing Role
This role is about delivering exceptional customer service, whether motivating members, giving personal training, teaching circuit-based classes or administering payments. It involves supervising the fitness floor offering help and support with exercise programmes and techniques, and giving advice on training and lifestyle.
Reporting to the Programme Director you’ll be working with the on-site fitness and wellbeing team, management and clients.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities will be to ensure that:
- A professional service is maintained at all times in compliance with our guidelines and objectives
- Every member completes an assessment and induction before using our Fitness and Wellbeing Centre
- Membership records are kept confidential and up to date
- Wellbeing plans and programmes follow Nuffield Health protocols
- All relevant health and safety rules, regulations and codes of practice are followed
- All the equipment is properly cleaned and maintained
- You have an up-to-date first aid qualification and that you can follow the Emergency Action Procedures
Fitness Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Values
As a qualified fitness instructor, you’ll hold a Premier/Lifetime Diploma or equivalent. A sports science degree or HND is desirable.
You’ll have a strong fitness background, with experience of working in a corporate or commercial fitness environment, and of handling money. You’ll need to be a competent computer user with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Driven and passionate about all aspects of fitness and wellbeing, you’ll take an enthusiastic and flexible approach. You’ll be a self-starter, able to work on your own initiative, and have a good eye for detail.
Like us, you put people first. You’ll take the time to understand each individual client’s needs and how to help them achieve their goals, whether they’re recovering from an operation or training for a marathon.
You must become familiar with all the therapies, classes and programmes available at the Centre, and be prepared to help with promotional events. You‘ll also be required to follow our procedures in opening and closing the Centre and processing membership payments.
It’s important to proactively develop your knowledge, skills and understanding of issues relating to your role and attend training courses as required.
Why Nuffield Health?
At Nuffield Health, we help people live life to the full – not only our clients, but our employees too. With our support, training, generous benefits package and respect for balance, you too can make the most of everything in life.
This is an exciting time for us and it could be for you too. Our vision is to transform healthcare in the UK by bringing together assessment, treatment and prevention services to provide integrated care – health as it should be.
As the UK’s leading healthcare social enterprise, every penny we make is reinvested in our resources. It means that together, we can all do the right thing for our patients, clients and employees.
Key Employee Benefits:
- Continuing professional and career development
- Generous holiday and leave arrangements
- Flexible pension options
- Life assurance and healthcare schemes
- Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
- Free membership for you, and heavily subsidised membership for family, at our Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centres
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling – legal, financial, etc.
- Employee discounts on a wide range of products and services
Nuffield Health is committed to equal opportunities in the recruitment, training, and development of our employees. We have a duty to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for disclosure on successful candidates.
We may change the closing date if we receive a high number of responses for this role.