Lighting Engineer - Technician - Butlins Minehead
3 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Do you want a career working in the Entertainment Technical Support Team for The Times 4th Best Big Company in the UK?
As a Lighting Engineer you will be part of our Technical Support team who are an integral support to our Entertainments Team in delivering our in house and external shows. As a Lighting Engineer you will be adding magic to performances through the creative use of lighting. The range of entertainment within Butlins is vast and whilst some shows are fully programmed, we look to our engineers to assist in the creative design and deliverance of many shows.
We are passionate about producing and delivering great quality entertainment and to enable us to achieve the high quality of entertainment Butlins has become renowned for, we need a great team.
The purpose of the role:
- Set up and operation of lighting systems
- Liaising and working with visiting artistes and engineers
- Carry out regular maintenance of lighting equipment
- Act as security personnel to safeguard equipment and performers
- Lifting and carrying equipment and sets (including the unloading and loading of vehicles)
- Ensure all shows are consistently delivered to a high standard
- To adhere to Health and Safety procedures
- Basic stage craft duties
- Assisting in the setting of stage scenery
- Assist with the creative element of the performance through lighting
Our ideal candidate will have a wide range of working knowledge and experience in a similar environment.
The benefits of working for us:
- Free use of many of the resort facilities and discounts off our food and retail outlets
- Subsidised nursery facilities available on resort
- Discounted Bourne Leisure holidays for you, your family and friends
- Reward and recognition schemes including long service and team member of the month
- Externally recognised qualifications to give you the opportunity to develop and progress