Entertainments Technical Support Crew - Butlins Skegness
Entertainment is, and always has been a HUGE part of the Butlin's business. We are still passionate about producing and delivering great quality entertainment, to enable us to achieve the high quality of entertainment Butlin's has become renowned for we need a great team!
The technical support team are an integral part of the Entertainment team providing support to in house and external shows alike. Whether you are a Stage Manager, Lighting Operative or Sound Engineer with years of experience or just starting your career there are opportunities for all. Genres of entertainment at Butlin's can be diverse covering genres such as Live Music, Comedy, Children's Shows, and West End Style Shows which makes for an exciting and fresh place to work.
As part of the team you will have opportunities to work with equipment that is seen and used throughout the industry (MA Lighting, Avolites, Allen & Heath, Yamaha, Clay Paky, Martin Audio, L'accoustics, Sennheiser, Martin Professional, Le Maitre, to name but a few).
Technical Support Crew are an integral part to the entertainment team and support function. Often the role is used as a stepping stone into a more specialist role within the team, or as a way to be part of the technical team whilst deciding which discipline to choose to specialise.
- Lifting and carrying equipment and sets (including the unloading and loading of vehicles)
- Assisting with the setting of scenery and props
- Assisting with the set-up of musical equipment and backline (band)
- Acting as security personnel to safeguard equipment and performers
- Basic set up of sound, lighting and multi-media systems
- Operation of follow spots
- Basic operation of technical entertainment systems
- Basic stagecraft duties
- To adhere to Health and Safety procedures (stage and backstage areas)
- Working at height
- Liaising with visiting artistes
- Carry out basic levels of maintenance
What are we looking for?
- A committed team player who is flexible, enthusiastic and passionate about delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- A problem solving attitude
- Confidence to work on your own initiative as necessary
- Motivation and a desire to succeed
- Basic knowledge of technical procedures, and systems
- Knowledge of working backstage