Sous Chef - Clerkenwell, London
Sous Chef – Clerkenwell, London
By day, Club Zetter is a members club for collaborative working in partnership with workplace innovators, Central Working. By night, Club Zetter is a wine room & bar serving fine wines, wines on tap and by the glass, craft beers and a short list of classic cocktails.
Once credited with reinventing the boutique hotel concept The Zetter Group has become known for value driven, boutique properties, rich with character. It is this attention to detail, narrative and the guest experience that sets their properties apart from the competition.
For all of us at Club Zetter, the guests' experience is paramount, and while it may be the stunning interior design or the buzzy atmosphere that the guests first notice on arrival, it is the helpful, charming, smiling and knowledgeable team that they remember long after they leave. Our people are our secret weapon! And this is your chance to become part of our expanding family.
What we are looking for in YOU.
- Passionate about food and the importance of high quality and fresh produce.
- A confident self-starter, comfortable working in a demanding high-volume environment.
- Keen eye for detail.
- A team layer with a cool head and ability to work collaboratively with others towards our team goals.
What does the ROLE look like?
- Ensure all mis-en-place is in place and correctly set up for service for forecasted covers and events.
- Ensure that dishes are prepared and cooked in accordance with menu specifications, ensuring high standards of presentation.
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
- Assist with food stock takes as required.
- Ensure daily H&S, HACCP checks are conducted as required by law and corrective actions are documented.
- Ensure full understanding of the functional administration of the restaurant.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish descriptions.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements under the H&S Act 1974 and Food Hygiene.
- Ensure all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines are carefully adhered to by all team members.
Rewards and benefits
Like our ingredients, our BENEFITS are of the finest selection
- Working with the freshest local and seasonal ingredients
- Competitive salary paid by hour, referral bonuses and rewards for implemented ideas you suggest.
- Growing our own people with excellent Career development opportunities
- Access to private loans and travel card loans.
- Preferential room rates for both you and your friends and families.
- Discounts on food and drink throughout The Zetter Group restaurants.
- Annual social events.
- Employee benefits such as weekly massages, English lessons and childcare vouchers.
- Additional days holiday for every year of service.
- Group Bonus Pool for long serving team members
- Now, it’s your turn to apply, if you feel that you fit the above and are keen to join our expanding family.
Only successful applicants will be contacted. No agencies please