Kitchen Assistant (Chelmsford) - Chelmsford
Fit for Virgin Active……?
Do you enjoy working in a fast-moving environment where nothing less than the highest standards of personal hygiene, grooming and presentation will do?
Running a restaurant isn’t just about the people the customers see out front. The kitchen plays an integral part in its success too. That’s why it’s so important that we find people like you to help out with a variety of cleaning and food preparation duties. An environment that involves a lot of routine, it also calls for the ability to work at pace, particularly at our busiest times. But, if you have what it takes, you could soon be part of our friendly kitchen team.
- Responsible for a variety of cleaning duties ensuring a safe environment at all times by making sure all facilities and equipment are well maintained and properly stored.
- Adhere to COSHH regulations and guidelines, ensuring the correct use and storage of cleaning substances and materials within the Club.
- Assist the kitchen team with the preparation and presentation of food & beverage items to the highest company standard.
- Actively seek and deliver feedback to the F&B Supervisor or Manager on any improvements and solutions in the kitchen area.
What we can’t live without…
If you can demonstrate some success in maintaining high standards in a process or routine driven environment, are willing to work flexible hours and live within reasonable commuting distance of the club, we’d like to hear from you. Any knowledge of the regulations or compliance involved would be useful, although full training can be provided
- Previous experience in a similar role, with the ability to multi task & work unsupervised to a high level.
- Approachable to members and other staff, with the ability to respond appropriately and efficiently to member feedback.
- Effective communication skills, and adaptable to working in a fast paced environment.
- A Level 2 certificate in food & hygiene would be beneficial but not essential as training would be provided.
This role is part time, working 16 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include 'earlies' (6.30am starts), 'lates' (8pm closes) and weekends (8am starts/7pm closes).