Reservations Agent - London
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
We are currently recruiting for a Reservations Agent to join our highly successful team.
Your main responsibility as a Reservations Agent is to take direction from the Reservations Manager; you will run the daily operation of the reservations department and handle all incoming reservation enquiries. Understanding what it means to deliver exceptional customer service and be able to exceed guests expectations is imperative in this role. You should be confident in your knowledge of the hotel’s rooms and facilities, and be at ease discussing rates and packages with clients and external agents.
- Taking Reservations calls and replying to email enquiries
- Completing the daily reservations check-list
- Communicating with Reception on amendments to bookings
- Be confident about the daily availability so you are able to manage last minute changes and reservations
- Upsell the hotel facilities or a higher category of rooms to the guests
- Maintain and deliver consistent Firmdale standards
- Previous experience working as a Reservations Agent for a 5* or boutique hotel
- Previous experience using the Opera system
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Confident and warm personality
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
As a Reservation Agent you will be working 40 hours per week on a flexible rota, where some weekends will be required.
To apply for the role of Reservation Agent:
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
Why Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an award winning hotel group with 8 luxury boutique hotels in London and 1 in New York. We have won the Queens Award for Excellence three times and the Soho Hotel has won The Cateys Award for Hotel of the Year.
Quality is what we are all about at Firmdale and that’s from our individually designed bedrooms containing original pieces of artwork to the Egyptian cotton linen used in the restaurant. We believe that the customer truly comes first and that if we get the minor detail right then everything else will follow.
Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want to be noticed and recognised for your individual contribution then this is the company for you.
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. Your CV will be considered over the next 5 working days. If you do not hear from us by this time, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.