Head Chef - London
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
We are currently recruiting for a Head Chef to join our incredible kitchen team at The Soho Hotel.
The restaurant is a Brasserie style restaurant that serves modern international cuisine with an emphasis on fresh, seasonal and organic produce. This role also oversees a busy events and room service kitchen operation. Managing the brigade you will oversee the daily operation of the kitchen whilst being responsible for introducing popular and unique seasonal menu’s, managing a budget, the ordering and control of stock and liaising with suppliers.
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and career focused chef to take the next step and become part of a company renowned for quality menus and exceptional standards.
- Conduct the daily operations of the kitchen, whilst ensuring the highest standards and quality of produce is being consistently delivered
- Have a good command of the menu and the ingredients required
- Communicating any specials, amendments to the menu and other important information between the kitchen and other departments
- Oversee kitchen preparations
- Ordering and stock control
- Produce exquisite dishes, and exciting new concepts to contribute to regularly changing specials, menu planning and seasonal changes
- Maintain strict health and safety and food hygiene standards
- Writing detailed reports for the senior management team
- Manage the kitchen team and moral of the staff
- Previous experience as a Head Chef or Senior Sous Chef within a high end hotel or luxury restaurant
- Knowledge of a variety of local and international food ingredients and correct methods of preparation
- A strong and inspirational leader capable of motivating, nurturing and developing talent
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- A passion for food and a creative flair
- Superb attention to detail and driven by delivering exceptional standards
- Previous experience in training and developing staff
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
Full time as required by the operation. Need to be flexible with the days and times you are able to work.
To apply for the role of Head Chef:
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
Why Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an award winning hotel group with 8 luxury boutique hotels in London and 1 in New York. We have won the Queens Award for Excellence three times and the Soho Hotel has won The Cateys Award for Hotel of the Year.
Quality is what we are all about at Firmdale and that’s from our individually designed bedrooms containing original pieces of artwork to the Egyptian cotton linen used in the restaurant. We believe that the customer truly comes first and that if we get the minor detail right then everything else will follow.
Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want to be noticed and recognised for your individual contribution then this is the company for you.
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. Your CV will be considered over the next 5 working days. If you do not hear from us by this time, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.