Casual Leisure Assistant - Oak Tree Leisure Centre
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Mansfield District Council leisure facilities are managed by Mansfield District Leisure Trust. The mission is to provide active and healthy lifestyles for all in a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment at an affordable cost.
We are currently looking to recruit Casual Lifeguards based at Oak Tree Leisure centre to work as and when required assisting centre users with bookings, provision of equipment and facilities with the aim of providing a high quality customer service.
* Ensure that the centre is clean and ready for use and is maintained in a tidy manner and carry out a variety of cleaning tasks as required
* Setting up equipment in the allotted time ready for the commencement of the various activities that take place in the facility. Ensuring that any faults are immediately reported to the line manager
* To carry out all physical tasks following the correct procedures in line with any risk assessment and manual handling procedure and guidelines
* Exercise proper care in handling, operating and safeguarding any equipment or appliance provided, used or issued
* Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
* Provide cover for front of house as required, ensuring that all processes are followed
* To be clear, logical and articulate in responding to requests for information
* To be tactful and diplomatic in dealing with enquires and complaints
* To attend meetings, training and supervision/development sessions as required
* Ensure that the Health and Safety at Work Act is adhered to with particular reference to the duty of care provision to both the general public and colleagues alike
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
* 3 GCSE passes or equivalent
* A reasonable standard of personal fitness for undertaking physical tasks
* Experience in a leisure environment or customer facing role is desirable
* Ability to be calm and in control in pressurised situations such as emergencies
* Health & Safety awareness
* High quality customer service skills
* Excellent communication skills
* The ability to deal with customers of all age groups and levels of ability
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.