Duty Manager (Full Time) - Tenterden Leisure Centre
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Tenterden Leisure Centre provides a wide range of facilities offering an excellent choice of sporting and leisure activities.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full time Duty Manager to join our team at Tenterden Leisure Centre. The Duty Manager’s role is to manage the facility on a day to day basis ensuring all activities are delivered to a high standard with safety as the first priority. The role will involve a high level of customer interaction as well as the deployment and supervision of the operational team.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, flexibility required to cover the operational hours of the leisure centre including early, late and weekend shifts.
* Ensure that the facility is opened and closed in accordance with procedures and monitor the security of the building during all opening hours
* Inspect and monitor the facility throughout the day in accordance with the Serco Leisure
* Lead, direct and motivate the operational team to ensure a quality service delivery
* Ensure appropriate deployment of staff to meet the daily programme
* Provide information, instruction, induction and training to operational staff to ensure they fulfil their roles in an efficient and safe manner
* Control and manage events such as accidents and emergencies
* Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and company policies and procedures
* Maintain a high profile throughout the facility and respond positively to customer needs,expectations and comments
* Undertake cash transaction reconciliation and ensure cash security is maintained and financial procedures are complied with
* Undertake disciplinary and grievance investigations and chair hearings as required
* Ensure the absence management policy is effectively applied
* Attend training sessions in order to demonstrate competency and maintain a valid qualification
* Undertake specific tasks as determined by the line manager
* Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
* Undertake any other duties as required within the Centre as directed by your line manager
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* Experience of facility management at a supervisory level
* Experience of working with and/or implementing management systems
* Working knowledge of Health & Safety at Work legislation and practical application
* Experience of supervisory training in leisure or service led background
* Knowledge of the leisure industry
* Relevant Health & Safety legislation
* Use of IT systems
* Customer care skills
* Problem solving
* Staff supervisory skills
Duty Managers will be qualified to NVQ or ISRM standards in supervisory skills. In addition you will hold an ISRM Pool Plant Operators Certificate, have a valid qualification in First Aid and hold an NPLQ qualification (where applicable).
If you feel that you have the required skills, experience and qualifications for this role please apply now and upload a copy of your CV.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.