Cellar Person - Cheadle
We are currently recruiting for a Cellar Person to join our highly successful team in our Village Hotel Club, Manchester Cheadle. Based in modern and contemporary surroundings you will be required to contribute to the hotels success. You should have a warm, personable nature, can do attitude and eye for details.
You will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed. In return we will offer you second to none career opportunities.
Why choose us?
We work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing hospitality constantly. If you are truly passionate about a career in hotels then we want to hear from you. As an expanding company with new hotels in the pipeline and a commitment to grow our future General Managers from within we are in a unique position to offer fantastic career progression backed up by training and development at every step of the way
Twice a year we review all of our teams against our high performance behaviours
If you stand out as the best in these areas and show potential then you will quickly be spotted for future development.
We are passionate about developing talent.
Apart from this we offer some amazing benefits such as FREE Gym membership to our health and fitness club which includes state of the art gym equipment as well as discounted shopping and stays within our hotels.
To be successful in your application for the position of Cellar Person you must possess the following:
- People – You love working as a team to support your colleagues in all departments. You are happy to support the Pub Manager and Team Leaders in coaching and supporting new staff, to understand how cellar management is necessary for their role.
- Presentation and standards – You like cleanliness and organisation on shift, you understand all Health and Safety and food Safety procedures. You keep a clean and organised cellar, sustaining all business levels and reacting to change in trends quickly. You are well presented for shift and understand grooming standards, knowing that your guests perception of your service has a good deal to do with how ‘smooth’ you look.
- A Great Customer Experience – you understand that the quality of drink plays a factor in the complete customer experience. You strive to ensure maximum product quality through correct storage, stock retention and levels, as well as in the efficient running of cellar equipment.
- Product Knowledge – The Pub is famous for its cask ale range and quality of its beer and food. Understand your products, menu and wine list and support centrally driven drinks promotions.
- Communications – Show a department presence and update staff, managers and supervisors on procedures and product change.
- Bar Performance – you are a key factor in the overall hotel performance and through teamwork can support the profitability of the whole hotels.
- Results – contribute towards profitability. Ensure that your contribution towards the agreed and targeted Liquor G.P. results is met. Stocktake results to be within company guidelines.
- Quality of product and presentation of drink is down to your contribution and attention to detail. Cellar cleanliness and equipment are managed well.
- Great Service – Requisition requests are met and stock levels are sustained to give the customer a good variety of choice in product.
- Statutory Compliance – including all Pub and cellar related Health and Safety obligations and Licensing Laws.
- Calm and collected under pressure
- Passion for F&B product and service. Pacy and energetic. Dynamic “can do”
- Organised, has a good feel for customer change in trends
- You have to have had experience in a similar role and are computer literate.
- Good Health and Safety knowledge and cellar and equipment management.