Pastry Chef's - Commis/Demi/Chef de Partie - London
Café Royal hotel offers to takes guests on a sumptuous culinary journey across a multitude of restaurants, bars, cafés and private dining areas. Working under the direction and guidance of our highly talented Executive Pastry Chef – Sarah Barber, our talented Pastry team showcase both flair and creativity in combining quality British ingredients with a cosmopolitan mix of International, Italian and French influences to create an elegant, yet contemporary themes in keeping with the Café Royal’s history and hallmarks of exceptional quality and style.
Our culinary team work within one of London’s newest and most state of the art Pastry kitchens featuring all of the latest specialist culinary equipment. We also have our own large pastry kitchen with its very own bakery and chocolate room; a must for any talented pastry chef. All of our bread and pastry is made fresh onsite every day from our decedent afternoon teas to our range of freshly baked croissants, cakes and handmade chocolates on sale within our ever popular Café fronting London’s vibrant Regent Street.
We are currently seeking Pastry Chefs at the following levels:
- Pastry Commis
- Pastry Demi
- Pastry Chef de Partie
You will work under the direction and guidance of our Executive Pastry Chef. You will have the opportunity to be part of our talented Pastry team who showcase both flair and creativity in combining quality British ingredients with a cosmopolitan mix of International, Italian and French influences to create an elegant, yet contemporary themes in keeping with the Café Royal’s history and hallmarks of exceptional quality and style.
At Café Royal you will have the opportunity to showcase your knowledge, skill and creativity of Bakery in combining and working with quality British and international ingredients to create an elegant, yet indulgent range of bakery products including; the production of all of the hotels artisan breads used throughout our restaurants; viennoiserie including croissants, pain au chocolate and raisin, Danish pastries; as well as other specialist bakery items sold daily The Café.
As one of our most famous patrons Oscar Wilde once famously quoted 'To Define is to Limit' however with a role as important as this you will of course need to have a natural flair and talent for Pastry, combined with a specialism for Artisan Baking and passion for producing the very highest levels luxury products that are both classic yet creative in order to take your diners on a sumptuous culinary journey.
- Proven experience ideally as a Pastry Chef De Partie within a luxury hotel or high quality destination restaurant
- Proven experience in a similar Commis or Demi Chef position, ideally within a fine dining restaurant, innovative high quality up & coming restaurant, or 5 star luxury hotel
- Professionally trained as a chef with minimum NVQ Level 2 or 3qualification or equivalent
- Desire to join a hotel to grow and develop with, and proven commitment to past employers
- Exposure to international cuisines, particularly with Italian or modern European influences is advantageous
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend shifts
- On-duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Group Life Insurance
- 20 days holiday
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards
- Discounted Room rates and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts
Ready to join the team?
Please apply through Caterer by following the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicantsmust be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
Apply for Pastry Chef's - Commis/Demi/Chef de Partie - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly