Receptionist - London
Offering exceptional hospitality since 1865, Hotel Café Royal is an iconic London landmark, showcasing a magnificent blend of elegant heritage with chic contemporary edge. This 5 star luxury hotel is a member of the ‘Leading Hotels of the World’ featuring 160 exquisite guestrooms, including 49 suites and 6 signature suites, as well a unique selection of bars, restaurants, event spaces, private members club and the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre. Prominently gracing it’s presence on Regent Street at Piccadilly Circus; Hotel Café Royal is perfectly positioned within walking distance of London’s finest shopping, attractions and theatres.
As a Receptionist you will become part of an exceptional service team that engages with our guests throughout their patronage with us. Providing anticipative, yet unobtrusive service is an art and our skilful managers will be on hand to guide you through the process. Passion, knowledge and confidence are required trademarks for this position to successfully master the elegant delivery of our products and services.
Your primary duty will be to provide our guests with unparalleled hospitality, from a seamless arrival and departure experience, to extensive reception services, assisting them with their queries and unexpressed wishes. You will provide information on hotel services and most importantly, as their host, make our guests feel welcome whilst they visit our energetic and vibrant city. You will also ensure hotel charges are processed diligently to guests’ accounts, invoices are accurate and all guest transactions are fulfilled in a very timely manner.
- A natural elegance and passion for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm
- Proven background within a luxury hospitality environment, ideally within a similar guest facing role or as a Hotel Receptionist
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to connect with guests who possess little English speaking ability - fluent level of spoken English is essential and another language is advantageous
- Working knowledge of Opera is desirable
- Flexibility to work early mornings, late night, weekends and occasional overnight shifts
- On duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted room rates and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts
Ready to join the team?
Please apply through Caterer by following the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates