Accounts Assistant - London
Hotel Café Royal is an iconic London landmark rich in heritage of exceptional hospitality since 1865, blended magnificently with a contemporary 21st Century edge. This 5 star luxury hotel is a member of the ‘Leading Hotels of the World’ featuring 160 contemporary guestrooms, including 49 suites and 6 signature suites, as well a unique selection of bars, restaurants, event spaces, a private members club and the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre. Prominently gracing it’s presence on Regent Street at Piccadilly Circus; Hotel Café Royal is perfectly positioned within walking distance of London’s finest shopping, attractions and theatres.
Under the direction of the Director of Finance, your role is to provide an efficient and accurate Accounts service on behalf of Hotel Café Royal and its suppliers. Working closely with all departments, you will ensure that correct procedures are followed so that payments can be made in an efficient manner. As our Accounts Assistant, you will ensure that all invoices are cross matched against orders, quoted prices are correct, and VAT rates applied.
Please note that this is a Part Time position – 5 hours spread across 5 days per week
You will maintain a host of supplier relationships across the business, be on hand to deal with supplier queries in a professional and responsive manner to ensure invoices are received, checked, approved and paid in a timely manner.
- Proven experience in a similar accounts role gained within a hospitality environment is essential; luxury hotel background is desirable
- Must be able to work on a Part Time basis – 25hours per week
- Ideally you will hold a formal accounting qualification
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Outlook is essential
- Exposure to financial software such as SUN will be highly regarded, as well as any exposure to Opera and FnB Shop
- With a fluent level of written and spoken English, your communication skills will be exceptional
- Highly organised, with great attention to detail and have a flexible approach to working hours
- On duty meal
- Weekly dry cleaning allowance
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards
- Discounted room rates and F&B
Ready to join the team?
Please apply through Caterer by following the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.